Natural Birth

Acupuncture - how often?

I went once already this week (Tuesday) and have another appointment set up for tomorrow. Is Saturday too soon after tomorrow? Hoping to get my OB to lay off the I-word at our next appointment on Monday...
photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Acupuncture - how often?

• Ive gone three days in a row and will go again tomorrow. I have no idea if its even working, but I keep going back. I'm 41+2 tomorrow.
  • No, you can do that.  With my first I went in on a Friday and Saturday (couldn't do Sunday/Monday because they were closed) had another appointment on Tuesday but went into labor before then.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Great - thanks so much! I feel like I'm taking over this board with my worrying Smile The therapist I was originally scheduled with for today doesn't treat pregnant women (luckily I called before I left) so I called the local midwife group and they gave me a highly recommended provider's name. I'm set up for tomorrow and Sunday, and hopefully something will happen after that! I have another biophysical profile scheduled for Monday so we'll see...
    photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image jmcgra06:
    Great - thanks so much! I feel like I'm taking over this board with my worrying Smile The therapist I was originally scheduled with for today doesn't treat pregnant women (luckily I called before I left) so I called the local midwife group and they gave me a highly recommended provider's name. I'm set up for tomorrow and Sunday, and hopefully something will happen after that! I have another biophysical profile scheduled for Monday so we'll see...

Good luck, keeping my fingers crossed for you!  So much can happen between now and then, with DD there where no signs of impending labor until contractions started, so there might be a lot going on 'behind the scenes'.  

When I was pregnant with DS, DD and I went and bought a cupcake, put a candle on it, sang "Happy Birthday" and told DS it was time to come out.  He was born the next day.  Even if it doesn't work, you can't let a good cupcake go to waste ;) 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I went every day until my baby came and DH did acupressure prescribed by the acupuncturist at home. My ankle pressure points hurt so much by day two that I felt ill when they were rubbed. It worked though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker