May 2013 Moms

pumping

I was just reading about pumping and building your stash. I pump maybe twice a day nothing crazy. But some of you women say you pump these crazy amounts.  How long do you pump for? when i pump i will feed on on side on pump the other for about 10min and only get a ounce or so.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: pumping

• I think the ladies getting large amounts are usually EPing. I pump maybe 3x a week and only get an ounce on one side.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    TTC#2 - 
    Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I try to pump twice a day but sometimes only once. I really need to pump more since I'm going back to work. But I get 2 or 3 oz on each side after 10 or 15 min. I was getting less but turn the pump higher now and get more.
    Eta pump not pimp stupid mobile!!
    image imageimage

• I pump once a day. That's what I was told to do by an LC. LO isn't getting regular bottles yet though. Once I start giving him a bottle a day I want to pump twice. One to feed and one to store. I think the mass pumpers are EPing or trying to up their supply. If you pump too much and are still BFing you can end up with over supply
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My baby won't latch so all I do is pump so after every feeding I pump. He eats about 4-6 oz. per feeding and I am still able to save 6-12 oz. per day. When he was latching I pumped after every feeding just to make sure they were being emptied. Each pump session now takes 20-30 minutes.
  • I pump 2-3 times a day.  Originally I was doing a lot more though to build up my milk supply.  I get the most my first pump of the morning.  I only nurse on one side and then pump both sides.  I can get anywhere from 2-6oz total when I pump, and have a good stash in the freezer already.
  • be888be888
    250 Answers 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Second Anniversary
    I pump 2 times a day after feedings and 1 time at night without feeding first. I get about 10-12 oz at night and about 6-7 ounces after feedings. I think I have an oversupply, and will be meeting with a LC soon, because my son sometimes has trouble swallowing fast enough.

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards