Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

I was just saying recently how I couldn't imagine how strong women that have gone through a pregnancy loss were, but I guess Im about to understand. I feel really weird saying this because Im generally more of a quiet type person when dealing with things, but I think Im going to be needing some support on this one. I hope you ladies don't mind me jumping in!

Went in for my second ultrasound today hoping to see just over 7 weeks, and found no heartbeat or growth. Im pretty sure seeing that was one of the hardest things I've been through. But atleast I can finally have those beers I've been craving!

So I also have a question. 10 days ago we saw the heartbeat and measured at just over 6 weeks, today no heartbeat and measured at 6 so Im guessing very soon after. But I haven't had any cramping, pain or blood, or any other sign I can think of that would make me worry. And I still have all my symptoms. They said its best to let it happen naturally, but I was too shocked to ask if there was anything I should watch for or how long it will take. Do any of you have any idea of about how long it takes? I just want to be able to put it behind me. =[

Re: Newbie

• Options
    Hello -I'm very sorry that you are here joining in on this board.  I'm sorry.  As for your question, it really just depends on your body and everyone is different.  I know a lot of people have waited a week once they found out from an ultrasound and they started bleeding within that week.  My case is a little different.  I went to the doc for my 1st ultrasound on 5/22 and it showed no heartbeat.  The doc didn't know if I was just too early or not so he told me to wait 2 weeks and come back in.  I went back in 2 weeks later and it showed no change.  This was 6/6.  I have a D&C scheduled for Tuesday as I am not showing ANY signs and my doc doesn't want me to wait any longer.  Waiting has really been horrible.  I now wish that I didn't take so long to decide because it could have been all over by now.  Although I haven't even gone through the D&C yet so I might be singing a different tune come next week!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am so very sorry that you are stuck in limbo for right now. I guess I got "lucky", the day of our ultrasound that showed no heartbeat, I started bleeding/cramping that afternoon and by Friday night, everything had passed. I would call your doctor back in a couple of weeks if nothing has happened yet. Good luck with everything..
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    L RosL Ros member
    Thanks ladies! I just called my doctors office and they are going to have me come in in a week to see how everything is doing at that point. Hopefully this goes ok and happens sooner rather than later. Right now Im taking comfort in a nice cold beer and a box of Oreos. =]
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I am so sorry. I spotted a little the week before I MC. I went infor an uS and exam and all was fine. A week later went back for my first true exam. No heartbeat. I never had cramps pain or anything except that little bleed.

I had a Dnc so I can't help you w how it will go for your naturally.
    T and P to you!!

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I'm so sorry.  With my first loss I think we waited about two weeks after we found out it wasn't growing to miscarry naturally and it never happened.  I ended up taking cytotec (misoprostol) and that did the trick.  Waiting around for it to happen really stunk because you never know where you might be or what you will be doing when it hits.  If you are considering another option you might want to call your doctor and ask.

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    L RosL Ros member
    Yeah I've been thinking a lot about all of the worst possible times it could happen to me over the next two weeks. I have a national guard drill this weekend, finals all the next, then graduation and a late birthday party for me. Im thankful this happened at a time when I already planned on having lots of family an friends around, but since none of them know I would just hate for them to find out that way. Im normally the kind of person that likes to let my body do what it wants, but Im thinking I might discuss a DnC with my doctor at my appointment next week. I just want this to be as smooth as it [possibly] can be. Thank you all for your thoughts and advice! Ifeel a lot better than I did this morning and really appreciate hearing all the different options.
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"