Trying for #2
Right Unilateral Salpingo-Oophrectomy, 2/14
Natural cycle 5/14, BFN
Clomid 50mg 6/14, BFN
Clomid 100 mg 7/14, BFN
Natural Cycle 8/14, waiting for RE appt on 9/5

Replies

• I'm getting my H a card.  Lol.

I got a nice card, a beach day, and time to myself for Mother's Day.  So I'm not going all out, and H told me he didn't want anything.  I may frame some pics of Madison and him together or something.  His birthday is in 2 months and I will do something more then. 

• image poppyseed1017:

I'm getting my H a card.  Lol.

I got a nice card, a beach day, and time to myself for Mother's Day.  So I'm not going all out, and H told me he didn't want anything.  I may frame some pics of Madison and him together or something.  His birthday is in 2 months and I will do something more then. 

This!  My SO is just getting a card.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                        image image
  • Don't feel bad at all!  Pinterest is great at making people feel guilty about not doing all this artsy-crafty stuff.  I did steal the idea of DD holding the letters D.A.D. in pics, but honestly it was super easy.  Anything more difficult than that would not have been done in my house.  So he'll get that from DD and then from me I think he's just going to get a bucket of his favorite snacks and a card.  We'll probably go out to eat.  That's about it. 

imageimage

• I think it sounds like you did an awesome job. I bet he is going to love his gifts and enjoy his day.
    995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • SO told me not to get him anything, so I bought him a lunchbox and a water bottle.

LOL. Definitely no "competition" here. 

I was going to make him a garden stone (he has a little vegetable garden in the back) with a Pinterest recipe for the clay or whatever, then I found a kit at Joann's for $10, so I'm just going to do that. I give props to the crafty mom's, but I ain't got time for all that.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• We are going to the zoo on Sunday because that's what he wanted to do. Cali is making him a card today, and I'll probably make eggs, hashbrowns and bacon that morning because that's his favorite breakfast. I'm also looking for a punching bag on craigslist because that's how he likes to work out.

For us its hard. Cali's birthday is always within a few days of Mothers day, my birthday is the beginning of June, then it's fathers day, then dh's birthday is July 2nd, and now Cam's birthday is in August. It's hard to drop a lot of dough in such a short amount of time. It's the thought that counts.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic C 5.14.08 c 8.9.12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • KEEEEEKEEEEEE!  How dare you say that you feel like you are failing at being an awesome mom.  You are incredible.

And it sounds like you are putting plenty of effort into Father's Day! 

He wanted a Fitbit Flex -- you ordered one for him!  You can always print out a picture of it and put it in the card for him with the arrival date on it or something like.  You also got him shirts and a card from you and a card from Leo. 

Don't compare what you are getting him to what other people are doing for Father's Day.  DH has only 1 or 2 small pics of Isla at work, so that's why I wanted to do this for him.  If YH already has pics of Leo, then it makes sense that you wouldn't want to do more pictures.

Don't doubt yourself!! 

Isla 2
  • Try not to feel bad Kiki! Pinterest is filled with crazy crap and most people do not have the skills, time or even desire to do all that.
    It sounds like you got your h what he wanted. That's awesome!!
    DH had mentioned doing DSs handprint since we did that for DDs first Mother's Day and hadn't yet for DS. I was gonna get the kit at Joanns but I didn't feel like putting the kids in the car for the 5 minute drive to the store and running around looking for it. I ended up making a salt dough version in less time than all that running around would have taken. It was easy, "from the kids" and now I'm done.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I think you've done plenty!

I haven't gotten anything sentimental for DH because he's just not that way.  I'm a terrible photographer so I couldn't pull off the DAD thing.

My mom wanted to get him something sentimental from Things Remembered and I just told her she'd be wasting her money. I told her to buy him a set of kitchen knives. LOL

I ended up getting him a card each from DS and I. He'll get a card with a poem from daycare. I got us tickets to Daniel Tosh and will take him out for Thai beforehand.

I'd like to do handprints on DS' card, but he HATES having his hands restrained, so I doubt that will work out.

DH doesn't have an office and wears a uniform to work so most dad stuff is useless to him.

• Uhhh...today is our wedding anniversary and Sunday is Father's Day and the 29th is H's bday.

You think I'm going to go all out on each holiday? Fat chance. I'll half azs two of them and probably completely ignore one. Guess which one I'm ignoring? (as I bump and lie down for a nap) 

sophiecollage2 image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Sharona1700:

Uhhh...today is our wedding anniversary and Sunday is Father's Day and the 29th is H's bday.

You think I'm going to go all out on each holiday? Fat chance. I'll half azs two of them and probably completely ignore one. Guess which one I'm ignoring? (as I bump and lie down for a nap) 

Yeah, our anniversary is on Tuesday!  We really didn't think that date through... it will always be within days of our anniversary. 

***Siggy warning***

DX: Endometriosis and Anovulatory Cycles 3/09

Me and DH, both 34, married 6/11
    Laparoscopy/Cystectomy 9/11
    Clomid 50mg 10/11, BFN
    Clomid 150 mg 11/11, BFP!
    Leo Nicholas, due 8/18/12, born 8/21/12 via c-section

Trying for #2
    Right Unilateral Salpingo-Oophrectomy, 2/14
    Natural cycle 5/14, BFN
    Clomid 50mg 6/14, BFN
    Clomid 100 mg 7/14, BFN
    Natural Cycle 8/14, waiting for RE appt on 9/5

• image Scout2005:

We do a card and a meal.

I really think people overthink these holidays. Maybe that's another UO.

yup, yup, yup! 

I think you've done very well!  Like Scout, a card a meal for my Dh. 

Mom of 2 monkeys
         Christian12/06 and Liam 08/12

*~*~2 angel babies - 1/10 & 12/10~*~*

MY BLOG!

photo siggy_zps3467080c.jpg

• I think you're an awesome mom! Those gifts sound great for Father's Day. Don't let other peoples posts and pinterest make you sad. Cool
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Eff pinterest. Ain't not body got time for that. You got him something he asked for and someone you know he likes. You did good, mama! It sucks that it will be a day late, but, as you said - you've had a hectic schedule lately. He'll understand and love the gift no matter what day he receives it on.

If it makes you feel any better I procrastinated with absolutely no reason. The gift I bought him in the store yesterday cost about $50 more than it would have if I'd ordered it online ahead of time. Plus, I wanted to make a card with DS and my stepchildren on it but guess what? Procrasinated on that one too and the estimated arrival was after Fathers Day unless I wanted to pay $20 to overnight a $2 card. Haha.

Maybe these things will get easier as our babies get older!

Anniversary
  • I'm having Howell make him a card, giving him a book by an author we like and a teeshirt that says the name of our neighborhood on it. Oh and I'll let him sleep in and go to dinner.

ETA: I agree, eff pinterest.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Dude, I'm not even getting H a card. I got him a "daddy rocks" guitar pick, and he said he wanted to go anywhere he wanted for dinner/lunch.
    Like Scout said, I think people over think these holidays.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • A card and breakfast. That's how we roll.

You did way better than me.
  • And for the record, I did the D-A-D pictures because I had no effing clue what else to do and I totally copied it from someone else.  It was super easy for me to do, so don't feel too bad.
    Isla 2
  • Oh silly lady. My husband is getting a bottle of scotch that he wanted, a picture frame for his office, and a card. They're boys, they don't want all that much!

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Also, the punching bag is half his birthday present. Because he wouldn't decide on what gym he wanted a membership to and he needs to loose weight. Nice wife I am, right?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic C 5.14.08 c 8.9.12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You've already done more than me. I bought him an electric razor, and that's it. I meant to do a craft with Js footprints, but I didn't get to. Now I dont have another day off until Tuesday so my SO will always be around. I didnt even buy him a card yet.

• I did a card and a shutterfly coffee mug and some sandals he needed that he got 2 weeks ago. 

I will probably also buy him his favorite scotch and call it a day. 

imageimageimage

• No gifts in our house. He's getting a card, and we're walking to the local butcher so he can pick out steaks for dinner. Then I'll watch DD while he spends hours prepping and resting and grilling and resting the steaks and MAYBE I'll get to eat one before I fall asleep. That's gift enough, I think. If he does finish them in time for us to eat dinner before 9pm, there might be a bj in our plans too.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I told my MIL off last night and honestly I dont care if I ever hear from her again.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image

Off BCP 5/2009
    TTC since July 2010
    DH's SA = Normal!
    Hysteroscopy 2/2011
    50mg Clomid / Progesterone 77.5 April 2011 = BFN
    25mg Clomid / Progesterone 53 May 2011= BFN
    25mg Clomid / Progesterone 44.3 June 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara / Progesterone 15.7 July 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara / Progesterone 14 August 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara + Crinone / Progesterone 32 September 2011=BFN
    5mg Femara + Crinone / Progesterone 14.9 October 2011=BFN
    First RE Appointment 11/2011
    Hysteroscopy 11/2011 & on Med break
    12/2011 Diagnosed with PCOS (Insulin Resistant)
    12/2011 Adding 1000 MG Metformin per day
    12/14/11 BFP
    Beta #1 664 Beta #2 3330 Beta #3 6160 Beta #4 19546
    Official Due Date 8/18/12 & HB 147 on 1/3; Heatbeat 171 1/19

IT'S A GIRL

• I am not doing a lot either. A card. DD1 did some crafts in preschool, so Im off the hook on that one.
    I sounds like you did good to me.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • image Ambsies:

Ya, Father's Day is on my birthday, so it gets put on the back burner this year Wink

I'm making this card for DH and DD will fill in the blanks.  I'll probably get him a small gift card too.

I got my dad a present but the shipping is taking forever so he'll just get a card for now.

DD did that at preschool. A different version of it-I love the answers they give :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Add me to the card and meal club!
    photo 29281527-5f25-4079-b7fb-929170940697_zps92a0a787.jpg