May 2013 Moms

Re: (Untitled)

• I started a new mommy group on Tuesday. There are about a dozen moms and babies in the group. I'm the only one in the group who had an intervention free birth and the only one who hasn't had any problems with breastfeeding. Rationally I know that's just an anecdote and means nothing but I can't help but feel a little smug about the whole thing.

• imagelaurenann82:

I started a new mommy group on Tuesday. There are about a dozen moms and babies in the group. I'm the only one in the group who had an intervention free birth and the only one who hasn't had any problems with breastfeeding. Rationally I know that's just an anecdote and means nothing but I can't help but feel a little smug about the whole thing.

How does it feel to be Mommy of the year? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelaurenann82:
    I started a new mommy group on Tuesday. There are about a dozen moms and babies in the group. I'm the only one in the group who had an intervention free birth and the only one who hasn't had any problems with breastfeeding. Rationally I know that's just an anecdote and means nothing but I can't help but feel a little smug about the whole thing.

Well you're just lovely. So how smug should I feel then that I had an elective induction which turned into an unplanned c/s because of meconium, baby was in a special care nursery for 5 days, got formula and a pacifier before I was able to try nursing him, and I still have no problems nursing?

Oh wait, I don't feel smug at all cause I'm not a POS who makes myself feel better through other mother's struggles. Good for you though, I'm sure you'll make friends fast
  • I can't stand to see babies with pierced ears. I just don't see the necessity.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagelaurenann82:

Smugtastic!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagelaurenann82:

Sounds like a group that I would just LOVE to be a part of. You sound like an awesome person to have around for support in a new mommies group.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LN1024LN1024 member

imageShantxtell:
    imageLolalipsy:
    I can't stand to see babies with pierced ears. I just don't see the necessity.
    I think it's cute.

Me too! Luckily I had a boy because I think my husband and I would have disagreed on this completely.  

• imageShantxtell:
    imageLolalipsy:

I think it's cute.

I think it looks cute, but I wouldn't do it. If C wants her ears pierced later on then I will let her.
  • imagelaurenann82:

Well you're right that it means nothing.
    Baby girl born 5/20/13. Figuring it out as we go. :)
  • imageBeachy730:
    imagelaurenann82:

Well you're just lovely. So how smug should I feel then that I had an elective induction which turned into an unplanned c/s because of meconium, baby was in a special care nursery for 5 days, got formula and a pacifier before I was able to try nursing him, and I still have no problems nursing?

Oh wait, I don't feel smug at all cause I'm not a POS who makes myself feel better through other mother's struggles. Good for you though, I'm sure you'll make friends fast

I have to second Beachy on this. I've had two c sections, one emergency and one planned. I've never had a problem nursing until this past Sunday when I came down with thrush. I have a newfound respect for mothers who have had problems and pushed through it.

If anyone should feel smug, it should be the warriors who go through hell for their babies, not the ones who breeze through.
  • imageShantxtell:
    imagewcvsb3b5:
    imageShantxtell:
    imageLolalipsy:

I think it's cute.

I think it looks cute, but I wouldn't do it. If C wants her ears pierced later on then I will let her.

Yeah, I'm holding off so I can use it as a bribe... I mean reward...

Haha!
  • "Smug" might have been the wrong word choice, I'm not proud of the unpopular opinions that I find myself having about other moms! I should keep my embarrassing and shitty thoughts to myself, even on the internet. I'm really sorry everyone.

• imageLolalipsy:

This! I totally agree.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagelaurenann82:

"Smug" might have been the wrong word choice, I'm not proud of the unpopular opinions that I find myself having about other moms! I should keep my embarrassing and shitty thoughts to myself, even on the internet. I'm really sorry everyone.

Hey at least you realize what you said/thought is shitty. I'm sure we all have shitty thoughts about other people/moms. Everyone judges something. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I kind of dread L's awake time. I don't think she finds me very entertaining.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo f2800575-8c12-4491-8194-153c04d585b8_zps49b02af4.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • LN1024LN1024 member

imageAliciaR777:
    imageBeachy730:
    imagelaurenann82:
    Well you're just lovely. So how smug should I feel then that I had an elective induction which turned into an unplanned c/s because of meconium, baby was in a special care nursery for 5 days, got formula and a pacifier before I was able to try nursing him, and I still have no problems nursing? Oh wait, I don't feel smug at all cause I'm not a POS who makes myself feel better through other mother's struggles. Good for you though, I'm sure you'll make friends fast
    I have to second Beachy on this. I've had two c sections, one emergency and one planned. I've never had a problem nursing until this past Sunday when I came down with thrush. I have a newfound respect for mothers who have had problems and pushed through it. If anyone should feel smug, it should be the warriors who go through hell for their babies, not the ones who breeze through.

Exactly! M and I had some serious breastfeeding issues where he was threatened to be put in the pediatric unit if his weight did not go up. I was terrified and did whatever I had to do, which meant my "no bottles until 6 weeks and no formula" goal was completely taken away. I modified my plan to do what was best for my baby. I was put on a strict feed every two hour, then supplement with pumped milk, then pump for 20 minutes schedule. That combined with the washing of parts, changing him, and getting a second to pee myself was all the time I had before I had to start that cycle all over. Thank goodness I had help from family, because there is no way I could have done it on my own (my husband was away for military training). Those weeks were extremely exhausting, so it's hard to imagine another mother feeling smug over my struggles.  

• LN1024LN1024 member
    imageMommaG123:
    imagelaurenann82:

"Smug" might have been the wrong word choice, I'm not proud of the unpopular opinions that I find myself having about other moms! I should keep my embarrassing and shitty thoughts to myself, even on the internet. I'm really sorry everyone.

Hey at least you realize what you said/thought is shitty. I'm sure we all have shitty thoughts about other people/moms. Everyone judges something. 

This is also true. Everyone thinks crappy things sometimes. I guess it's hard to put yourself in a position until you're living it.  

• imageShantxtell:
    imagebowman958:
    I kind of dread L's awake time. I don't think she finds me very entertaining.
    That's cus you're boring.
    But I do my one man band/acrobat routine while dressed as Stiffler's Mom! How is that NOT entertaining??!!?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebowman958:
    same here, especially when my twins wake up at the same time. The only thing they seem entertained by are my boobs or a bottle.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagelaurenann82:

If you never had problems breast feeding then I would hold off on judging. My DD was born 3 weeks early via induction due to high BP. She refused to latch and we tried everything possible in the hospital. The LCs said she was having problems very typical of a pre term baby.

The absolute worst feeling in the world is seeing your baby hungry and screaming and not being able to provide for them. I would be devastated if someone thought it was my fault.

Just something to think about...
  • Me too, I kind of don't know what I should be doing with a 3 week old other then tummy time
  • imageannarussell05:
    imagelaurenann82:

I had some of these same feelings before I gave birth. I side eyed all of the elective inductions and moms who didn't bf because "it hurt." Then I ended up with an induction and back labor that led me to accept the epidural. When DD was hospitalized for jaundice at 3 days old I had to give up bf to get enough fluids in her to help pass the bili. Babies make the plans, not us so I have learned how unfair it is to quietly judge someone for their birth or parenting. You just don't know what they have been through.

Amen. Try 32 hours of labor with a baby faced sunny side up, and you'll want an epi. And I guess I failed because after 32 hrs we had a csection because he couldn't get through and my cervix actually started closing from swelling. I agree with PP who respects the women who went through he'll and back and did anything they could to get their baby here safely.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh good!  We already have a mommy martyr of the year!  CONGRATULATIONS you chose to suffer through horribly painful contractions and that your baby latches on awesomely!  Where is the BUMP trophy for new mom of the year!?
  • More of a confession than a UO, but whatever.

Lots of Moms dread leaving their babies, but I actually look forward to short trips to the store alone. I feel kind of guilty for enjoying those moments.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageCNJ4EVA:
    More of a confession than a UO, but whatever. Lots of Moms dread leaving their babies, but I actually look forward to short trips to the store alone. I feel kind of guilty for enjoying those moments.

If it's wrong to have this as a UO, then I don't wanna be right.  The efficiency-lover in me enjoys being able to run into the grocery store and not need to deal with the car seat!  I love and adore my baby but it's very nice to have some time where it's just me, if only for timesaving purposes. 

• imageShantxtell:
    imagebowman958:
    imageShantxtell:
    imagebowman958:
    But I do my one man band/acrobat routine while dressed as Stiffler's Mom! How is that NOT entertaining??!!?
    Are you squirting milk and doing cartwheels?

Squirting bullseyes on moving targets with my milk while doing cartwheels, you're danm right! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageCNJ4EVA:
    More of a confession than a UO, but whatever. Lots of Moms dread leaving their babies, but I actually look forward to short trips to the store alone. I feel kind of guilty for enjoying those moments.

i love running out on my own. And I don't feel guilty about it.  

I'd put a Movember mustache fail, but then
    you'd all have to look at it until February.
  • imageShantxtell:
    imagelaurenann82:

There are no words.

This.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • imageCNJ4EVA:
    More of a confession than a UO, but whatever.

Lots of Moms dread leaving their babies, but I actually look forward to short trips to the store alone. I feel kind of guilty for enjoying those moments.

I like to be able to go out on my own too.
  • imagemlandwehr:
    Me too, I kind of don't know what I should be doing with a 3 week old other then tummy time

Me too!  I've been so focused on feeding her, changing her diaper, soothing her, and getting her to sleep that I just don't know what to do with her while awake.  Any ideas?  I have terrible aim and can't do a cartwheel, so those options are out. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagelaurenann82:
    too late. It obviously how you feel. It's a crappy way to be and in my opinion says a lot about the person you are, but at least own it.

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Consider yourself "lucky" that you were able to accomplish what you wanted. "Smug" equates to better than you. Would you be better than others if you won the lottery? No. You'd be lucky. Be happy, realize that you're lucky, but thinking you're better than others because of that luck? Not cool.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagebowman958:

imageShantxtell:
    imagebowman958:
    imageShantxtell:
    imagebowman958:

Squirting bullseyes on moving targets with my milk while doing cartwheels, you're danm right! 

Impressive, I haven't mastered the cartwheels or targets but I'm definitely squirting milk on everything!  I haven't found the off switch for these things yet, lol.  My UO, I'm not overly worried about germs and taking the baby out.  I feel like I should be more concerned sometimes about people holding her etc but I'm just not.   

• imageLN1024:

imageShantxtell:
    imageLolalipsy:

I think it's cute.

Me too! Luckily I had a boy because I think my husband and I would have disagreed on this completely.  

I think it's cute too! I had DD1's done at 6 months and will do DD2's around the same age.
  • imagelaurenann82:

Umm congratulations you're a douchebag?
  • imageNJAZgirl:
    imageannarussell05:
    imagelaurenann82:

I had some of these same feelings before I gave birth. I side eyed all of the elective inductions and moms who didn't bf because "it hurt." Then I ended up with an induction and back labor that led me to accept the epidural. When DD was hospitalized for jaundice at 3 days old I had to give up bf to get enough fluids in her to help pass the bili. Babies make the plans, not us so I have learned how unfair it is to quietly judge someone for their birth or parenting. You just don't know what they have been through.

Amen. Try 32 hours of labor with a baby faced sunny side up, and you'll want an epi. And I guess I failed because after 32 hrs we had a csection because he couldn't get through and my cervix actually started closing from swelling. I agree with PP who respects the women who went through he'll and back and did anything they could to get their baby here safely.

I'm with you. They let me labor after an induction for spiked blood pressure, for 44.5 hours before my doctor told me my cervix was swelling and she was never gonna come vaginally. I ended up with a section only to discover a severe uteran infection that could have killed us both. I wanted an intervention free birth more than anything, and was staunchly opposed to a "cascade of interventions" birth. When the nurse told me after hour 12 of labor that I was a two and from the looks of it had 30 more hours I gave in to the epi. Thank god for that, cause it kept my head clear enough to understand that my girl was coming safely. To think I'm less because I got her here safely, really bugs me.
  • imagelaurenann82:

I'm sorry you were robbed of the joys of a painless delivery! I thoroughly enjoyed my dose of Stadol then a wonderful epidural. When the contractions started coming on again, I had the anesthesiologist come back and give me a little extra... It was glorious! I pushed my baby out in three painless pushes. My daughter has also been a dream to breast feed. But I don't feel smug, and guess why? With my first daughter I had a horrible birth experience and fought for 7 months to feed her expressed breast milk. No two children and no two deliveries are alike even from the same mother. I wouldn't be so cocky... You never know what you might be dealt with next time.
  • imageannagrya:
    imagebowman958:

imageShantxtell:
    imagebowman958:
    imageShantxtell:
    imagebowman958:

Impressive, I haven't mastered the cartwheels or targets but I'm definitely squirting milk on everything!  I haven't found the off switch for these things yet, lol.  My UO, I'm not overly worried about germs and taking the baby out.  I feel like I should be more concerned sometimes about people holding her etc but I'm just not.   

I feel the same way regarding germs. Would I hand my baby off to someone who knows they're sick? Of course not. But I have no problems going to the store or letting friends and family hold him. And we've had a LOT of visitors. I have never been a germaphobe and I credit that for my rock solid immune system. I never get sick, even when DH does. I don't ever plan on being overly sanitary with my kids. And DS is breastfeeding, so he's getting a lot of the benefits from my immunity, anyway.
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • imagelaurenann82:

Wow, it's so nice to know there are, "elite mothers," out there like you, who are judging me for my struggles. As if I'm not hard enough on myself.

Do those women a flucking favor & leave the group. Go find a group "worthy" of your greatness. Oh, & get the fluck over yourself while your at it.
    TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"