April 2013 Moms

Comments

• Not baby blues per se but definitely a midlife type crisis. Our co-parenting counselor said its his way of dealing with change.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Mine definitely had baby blues. Lucky he made a doctors appointment on this own and I had a heart to heart with him the night before. He decided to talk to the doctor and was prescribed anti anxiety pills. He has been much better. 

• I found this website if anyone should require it  http://www.postpartummen.com/.

I am glad your others went to talk to someone!  I think mine is just overwhelmed by full-time master's work, and full-time work, all the while feeling the pressure of having to find another job so he is unable to fully appreciate his newborn son.   He made the comment the other day that he kind of wished that we waited a year. It hurt me initially to hear him say that because I know that if we had then we would not have had this very baby.   I realize what one year is to him, though.  His school will be over and he will have, potentially, have already found a new job.

I need to talk to him about this because he is too frustrated to spend one hour alone with little man.  Granted this is in the evening when he is fussy.  Not sure what all to say but I want to reflect how understanding I am of this situation.

-K

• image kravenmoore:

I found this website if anyone should require it  http://www.postpartummen.com/.

I am glad your others went to talk to someone!  I think mine is just overwhelmed by full-time master's work, and full-time work, all the while feeling the pressure of having to find another job so he is unable to fully appreciate his newborn son.   He made the comment the other day that he kind of wished that we waited a year. It hurt me initially to hear him say that because I know that if we had then we would not have had this very baby.   I realize what one year is to him, though.  His school will be over and he will have, potentially, have already found a new job.

I need to talk to him about this because he is too frustrated to spend one hour alone with little man.  Granted this is in the evening when he is fussy.  Not sure what all to say but I want to reflect how understanding I am of this situation.

This is so similar to our situation. DH just started his masters program in April...you know, when we had the baby. Worst timing ever but we figured our lives weren't going to get any LESS hectic in the next few years. The problem is now he's working full time and going to school full time so he basically doesn't have any time for LO and me. I go back to work in July and work 12 hour shifts so that's going to throw a whole new wrench in our system. Fortunately, we are blessed enough to have both sets of grandparents nearby so they will be watching LO for us and are going to try to be flexible, but I'm really afraid they're going to burn out.

I try to be understanding of DH and his stress levels but I have found myself getting really frustrated lately with his choices on going to a friend's house to help them with something after work or on the weekends instead of coming home to be with our LO. I don't know how to bring this up without stressing him out more or seeming selfish.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My husband is for sure feeling blue. He says he misses me since Im always caring for our baby. I feeling bad but not sure what i can do to help him.