Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Bed time..

My son is 3 months and 1 week.. He typically goes to bed at 9 or 9:30.. How old is your baby and what is their bed time? Do you notice a difference in how long they sleep if you put them to bed earlier

Re: Bed time..

• My LO is 3.5 months and goes down between 7:30 and 9 and gets. Up between 5 and 6 am. She sleeps through the night.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • DD is almost 5 months old and goes to bed anywhere between 10pm-11pm.  Then she STTN until 8am or 9am.  Ideally I'd like to have her in bed earlier, but every time I try she wakes up through the night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • 7:30 and 5 months old. She sleeps until 5am now that we are over the 4 month wakeful.
    In the beginning I couldn't get her down until midnight. There is a huge difference in the duration of sleep and her attitude. She naps better now too.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• DS is 5.5 months. Goes to bed between 6:45-7:30 and wakes between 6:00-7:00. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • LO is 5 months and goes down between 7-7:30 - if it's any later I noticed he will have night terrors so I try and keep it as consistent as possible. He's up by 6-6:30 and usually wakes once or twice to nurse. He also thinks 3 am every morning is playtime!

We used to put him down later around 9-9:30 and he'd still wake up by 6, but I do think he sleeps better for longer periods when he goes down earlier, it may have to do with being overtired after his regular bedtime.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• It's normal for bedtime to get earlier and earlier once they reach 3 or 4 months. 

I try to have her in bed by 7:30 in hopes she'll be asleep by 8:30.  The goal is for them to be in bed for 12 hours, even if there is a night feeding or two.

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD is 5 months and goes to bed usually between 7 and 730. She is usually up for the day between 630 and 7 am. She is not STTN though.
  • HildawHildaw
    Second Anniversary
    DD is 4.5 months and we used to put her to bed around 8 pm. Her naps during the day were a disaster though, so we switched it up and now put her down around 7 pm. Her sleeping has improved so much! She gets up once around 5 am to eat and then goes back to sleep until about 6:30-7 am. And she takes 3 naps during the day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image DublinMama:
    DS is 4.5 months and goes to bed between 6:30 and 7, but rarely any later. Sometimes it's actually a little earlier depending on his last nap of the day. He had been only waking up once to eat, but lately he's been back to two MOTN feedings. He gets up around 6:30 and 7 in the morning, also. 

This for me too! 

Hoping that second MOTN feeding gets cut out soon for both of us!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Her final bedtime is 11:00pm (approx).  She sometimes takes a little snooze from 9-10 and then we play/feed until 11.  She sleeps from 11pm to 7am am and then eats and lays in bed with me from 7-9 (about).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD goes to bed between 8-9. She typically STTN and since I am off work till August (school system) I like having her wake up later.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker