Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Crawling Q's

Our little guy is just over 8 months old and definitely shows signs of crawling soon - but hasn't actually done it. He'll get up and his hands and knees and rock back and forth - we just sit there, wide-eyed & waiting, both screaming "this is it!!!". But then, he just smiles at us and rolls back down onto his tummy :)

Is crawling just like rolling over and sitting up - where one day they just do it? Did you do anything to encourage crawling at this stage?? 

Thanks ladies!!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Crawling Q's

• At 7 months, DS2 started army crawling. He's now just over 8 months and he does a combination of actual crawling and army crawling. It's just going to happen one day just like one morning you'll wake up and LO is standing in his crib! That was us last week and DH about had a heart attack :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • KisstyKissty member

imagetamararachel2:
    At 7 months, DS2 started army crawling. He's now just over 8 months and he does a combination of actual crawling and army crawling. It's just going to happen one day just like one morning you'll wake up and LO is standing in his crib! That was us last week and DH about had a heart attack :)

DS does exactly that.  Got him up from his nap and he just took off.  I couldn't believe it.  When he pulled up the first time I was sitting at the coffee table and giving him tiny bites of chicken, apparently he wanted more. I was so surprised.  It just 'happens' one day.  You're almost there.  Don't rush it, I can't get anything done anymore LOL!

imageimage 

• Loading the player...
  • My LO did exactly what you are describing, next started pushing backwards and then one day about 2 weeks after she started going backwards she just moved forward. This was at 8.5 months. I did try to encourage her by putting a couple of highly desired objects such as my keys and cell phone on the floor just out of reach... The day she started she wasn't crawling in the morning, we went to playgroup and she watched all the other kids crawl around and didn't move. She went down for her afternoon nap and started army crawling within an hour of waking up. It was like she just couldn't stand being still anymore. She was barely creeping at first and by the end of the next day she was motoring around everywhere! Now my house is a disaster lol and we are loving every minute!

Enjoy your stationary baby while it lasts and keep your camera handy!!
  • LO did exactly that. Rocked back and forth. Then we put a cell phone in front of her one day and she started to crawl to it.

I can't believe how much baby loves Apple products!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sounds like the way DD was, she was so close for so long.  Then one day at 9.5 months I was trying to get her dressed after a bath, guess she didn't want that, so she rolled over and crawled away like she had been crawling all her life!  There was no stopping her after that!  Other than plenty of floor time, I don't think there's a way to encourage them, they just have to put it all together :)
  • Every baby is so different. It's hard to say what they will do or when they will do it. Some never crawl. I wouldn't encourage it. They really just have to figure it out on their own. Plus, you are totally screwed once they start because they can get into EVERYTHING just as well as a walker can.

• DS just started "crawling" (not off his tummy yet, and not yet using his feet) a couple weeks ago. He's half army crawling though. He is so close to finally just truly crawling! I think the only thing to really do to encourage it is to put them on their tummies. Not all babies crawl (it's no longer a real milestone).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD has been army crawling for a bit now and it's starting to be more like a mix of army crawl and normal crawling now. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"