Toddlers: 24 Months+

Travel and pack n play

Does anyone still have their 2 year still sleep in a pack n play? I m going to the beach for a weekend with all beds and didn't know if the pack n play is too small now. He still sleeps in a crib but thought maybe he'd be ok in pack n play 2 nights. He has an extra matress in there to make in more comfortable! I may have to try the bed if the pack n play doesn't work. Just not sure he'd fall asleep there on his own

Re: Travel and pack n play

• Sorry for misspellings and typos on my phone
  • We stopped the pack n play a while ago because DD couldn't get comfortable in it.  She had only about two inches between her head and the edge of the pack n play when her feet were touching the bottom.  DD likes to sleep with an arm extended above her head.

Now we bring a twin blow up mattress with us for her to sleep on.  Works very well and she stays on it just fine.  Even when she was still in a crib at home she slept good on the mattress.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We gave up the PNP while traveling a while ago because DS didn't like it any more and it was a PITA to lug around.  I either "rent" a crib from the hotel or lay a quilt on the floor and let him sleep on the floor.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hocushocus
    Ninth Anniversary 5000 Comments 25 Love Its Combo Breaker
    We used a PNP until 3. Most PNP are much smaller than cribs and some kids don't like that. It is sort of kids specific.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We did up until Christmas, when DS was about 2.5. He did fine.
    my food blog

Zachary (4/2/10) and Ian (3/20/13)

• EDWHIPEDWHIP
    500 Comments Fourth Anniversary
    My nephew lasted till 3 years in a pnp and my DD is 2 and can crawl out and won't stay in it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • When we went on vacation last summer (DD was 26 months) we used the PnP without a problem. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just purchased a portable toddler bed (it's basically a glorified air mattress). A crib sheet can fit it and it has sides that inflate higher than the mattress part so they are almost like "rails". We got it b/c we're going to the beach next month and my IL's are going to use it whenever DS stays the night at their house. He isn't in a crib anymore at home, he's in a toddler bed.

BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14 : It's a BOY!

BabyFruit Ticker

• DS sleeps in a pack n play at my mom's for naps. He is a few mints past two, and quite a monkey, so we're keeping him in there until we can't. Once or twice he has napped with my dad in my parents bed, but more because they fell asleep while they were watching a movie than because we intended for to happen. My dad s the nap king, and the pictures were cute, but not practical for all the time!