May 2013 Moms

back so soon?

I think I'm ovulating. I stopped bleeding1.5 weeks pp. I'll be 3 weeks pp Thursday. These past few days I've had what seems like ovulation discharge and the little pains I used to get. I ebf and was always told this would slow ovulation and menstruation. I'm not currently sexually active, so no worries there. Just wondering if anyone had experienced this and if it may be something else.

Re: back so soon?

• If you are EBF I highly doubt your friend is visiting so soon.  It is really common to bleed on and off for the first 6 weeks PP.  It definitely is tied to "over doing it" as you tend to begin bleeding again if you started doing a lot.  It's tempting to get back to doing things, but your body will tell you to try and take the full 6 weeks to recover.

I also had some clear ovulation type discharge at one point too, but didn't think much of it since with my other two pregnancies, my friend didn't start again until 9 months PP when I EBF.

href="http://www.weddingcountdown.com/" rel="nofollow">

AMA: 43 DH: 49 DD: 07/09/98 - 15 years
    DS: 11/09/00 - 13 years
    Surprise DD#2: 4/30/13
  • image cromie713:
    I got my first cycle 7 weeks pp even though I'm EBF so it's definitely possible

The only experience I have is my lady pregnancy which ended in miscarriage.i was four months along, and had a d and c. I bled for a week afterward, and my period came back six weeks later. Idk I was just looking forward to this little bf perk.

• I can tell you during my 6 weeks PP, I'd think I was done bleeding then a few days to a week later it would come back. A few times a even stopped wearing panty liners then it would surprise me again!
  • image BekW2009:
    I can tell you during my 6 weeks PP, I'd think I was done bleeding then a few days to a week later it would come back. A few times a even stopped wearing panty liners then it would surprise me again!

Same here!

With my oldest, my cycle came back at 6 months, even though I breast fed for 13 months. Everybody is different, so don't rule ovulation out. After all, nearly everyone knows a set of Irish twins.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Katherine Marie born 11/12/10 via c-section 5lbs 1oz

Dx with MTHFR Mutation 12/10

8/23/12 - BFP EDD 5/3/13
    Andrew Ryan is on his way

• It's totally possible.  For me, with both prior kids, I ovulated within the first 1-2 months after having the baby and then not again for nearly a year.  My OBs have always said that the time right after you have a baby can be really really fertile. 
    image BabyFruit Ticker