February 2012 Moms

Daycare moms

Is anyone else's LO having morning melt down when you drop them off at daycare?  She was in the old room and I assumed it was b/c she was bored... now she is in her new room with more kids her age and more toys and new staff (but, people she knows) and she is still melting down.  Just a stage? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Daycare moms

• mkarnsmkarns member
    Ours just depends on Colton's mood. Sometimes he walks right in and starts playing, others he gets the death grip going on our leg and screams until we pry him off and walk out.

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Same as mkarns.  Most days Allison is fine but some days it breaks my heart to leave her there because I hear her cry when I leave.

We totally have more good days than bad though.  She has been going since 3 months old so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Loading the player...
  • The separation anxiety (screaming/clinging) at drop-off comes and goes for us. Usually we'll have a really bad week or so, followed by several awesome, happy drop-off weeks.

So I'd say it's just a phase.

Other things that we've found that affect it: teething, sickness, tiredness, if I carry her rather than let her walk .. etc.

Good luck!

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• mle5dmle5d member
    I've been letting DS walk into daycare on his own rather than carry him. It has made a huge difference in meltdowns! Sometimes he still gets upset, but I get him settled at the table with breakfast, and almost every time he is happy and waving me out the door.
  • It follows teething here.  Swollen gums, restless night, awful diapers, clinginess in general?  Yep, going to have a clinger that morning.  YUCK.  It happens only rarely, and only at the peak of teething.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image2chatter:

It follows teething here.  Swollen gums, restless night, awful diapers, clinginess in general?  Yep, going to have a clinger that morning.  YUCK.  It happens only rarely, and only at the peak of teething.

She does have a tooth just ready to erupt through the surface... big, swollen, awful. I hate drop offs right now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"