Breastfeeding

Supply Issue

I am back to work this week and have been pumping like a fool. I feel like I am not producing enough while pumping. My baby will eat 3 oz of breastmilk from a bottle. Sometimes, I'm lucky if I can pump 3 combined! I feel like this isn't normal. I've been eating lactation cookies and drinking mothers milk tea for the past 3 weeks and there hasn't been an increase! What can I do? I am feeling inadequate. I feed her twice there, and she needs at least 9 oz of expressed milk to tie her over between those two times. I'm feeling frustrated with pumping! Also, how do I get my milk not to spill out of the cup thing while pumping? I use the Medela pump.

Re: Supply Issue

•  I am feeling inadequate.

Me too!!

I take it as a great sign though, the feeling of inadequacy. We want the best for our babies because we love them so much and we know that bf is the best. I can't count how many times I cried when I gave my LO formula because he was starving and my supply was low. Ugh. 

Conversely, I can't express the amazing and priceless feeling I have when my baby is satisfiedafter bfing. Best. feeling. ever.

As far as getting your supply up, I learned that the most effective way to increase supply is simply to bf as much as you can when you're with baby. Since you're at work, that makes it difficult. I often find that when I'm away from him, I have to feed nonstop when we're together in order to finally get more milk in.

Something about his body signaling to mine that he's four months and needs more four month milk.

Don't give up!! You're an amazing mom for doing your best! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"