mono Di moms

I had asked previously about delivery I'm wondering your situation.  Dr is mandating a c section which I am ok with seeing as how this pregnancy is beyond a miracle and he just doesn't want to risk baby a has been breech at every sono.  my question is did you go into labor, scheduled c section, or were there circumstances where your Dr said its time to get the babies out now? TIA:)  Also Dr said no later than 36 weeks...but research shows risk after 34 weeks...opinions.
After three miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy we are currently pursuing adoption. " Born not from our flesh, but born in our heart. You were longed for and wanted and loved from the start."

Re: mono Di moms

  • jcathjcath
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 5 Love Its

    I was definitely with you that I was on bandwagon to do anything and everything as safe as possible.  My MFM recommended 37 week delivery for mono-di and I was induced at 37 weeks 0 days.  I did have a vaginal delivery after baby b flipped from transverse to head down at 36 weeks but I have two older children so there was some history of a successful vaginal delivery.

    You definitely need extra care but let me reassure you that it is possible to have a safe, not so difficult mono/di pregnancy. 


    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

  • No complications. I think they were going to let me go to 38. If there are no problems the longer the better

    My water broke baby a had enough! at 36w and I had elected csection. I still had issues from my 1st delivery so didn't want to hurt that area anymore! They were in special care nursery for a day because of fluid in their lungs. 5lb11oz and 5lb13oz!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a scheduled csection at 38w1d due to having a precious csection with DD. We had no issues.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am scheduled for an induction at 37 weeks 3days. as long as baby A stays head down I am ok to attempt vaginal but he has been all over the place lately so we will see. Currently at 35 weeks and they say I could go anytime now. 
  • I was induced at 37 weeks due to IUGR. We never discussed a "go no later than" date, we just took it 1 week at a time.

    Both babies were head down and born vaginally.

    FWIW, all of the decisions were made by my MFM, who is head of OB at a major medical school. He encouraged the vaginal delivery.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had a Csection at 35w4. The timing was bc of a growth discordance that was being monitored from 15 weeks on, and the C/S was b/c of the positioning of the babies. GL!
  • No babies yet, but my elective csection is scheduled for 37 weeks on the nose. My MFM recommended no later than 37 weeks, and the group I see is very experienced with twins.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Baby B was breech most of the time so we planned on a c section at 38 weeks. However, at 33 weeks I developed cholestasis, 35 weeks pre-e and Bell's palsy. I went to the hospital at 35 weeks and they kept me there until my c section at 35w 4d. Pre-e got bad fast. Babies were healthy and only baby A had about 8 hours nicu time for blood sugar.  

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 21C
  • How far along are you?  I would definitely not electively deliver at 34 weeks.  The research I've seen suggests 36 weeks as the ideal deliver time frame for mono/di twins.  Which sounds like what your Dr. is in line with.  At least with 36 weekers, there is a good chance they won't need the NICU but they are still technically premature and may have prematurity issues.  I had a semi-emergent c/s at 28 weeks due to reversal of the blood flow in baby A's umbilical artery.  The MFM said we would deliver by 34 weeks if we made it that far because of the complications.
  • Had Baby A been head down, I would have at least tried a vaginal delivery.  But, Baby B went into distress at 31w6d and I delivered via c-section.
  • I really wanted a vaginal delivery, so I did alot of exercises to encourage them to both be head down, that said they were. Mt doctor spoke often about how our girls would likely come early and hinted that I would be induced around the 27 week mark but repeatedly said he hadn't seen many Mono/Di twins make it that far without either labor occuring or something requiring intervention to happen.

    I developed Pre eclampsia at 33 weeks, and was carefully watched until my protein got too high. I was induced at 36w0d and since BA wasn't tolerating labor I had an emergency C section. BB had to spend 2 nights in the NICU for low blood sugar, but we all left together after 3 nights in the hospital :)

    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My c-section was scheduled because I had complications with my vaginal delivery with my son and baby B was footling breech. The date was moved up due to Baby A shunting blood to her brain (a sign of inadequate blood flow). I ended up going into labor the night before (at 36w3d) before and having an emergency c-section as I was already 6-7 cm. dilated when we arrived at the hospital.

    My girls did not need NICU time and are healthy and thriving 16 month olds. 


    J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • I was scheduled for a csection at 38 weeks 4 days because I wanted to try and wait for my husband to get home from Europe, but I went into labor on my own at 37 weeks and had a csection at 37 weeks 1 day, on my husband's birthday. Everyone was ok, and we had no NICU time, thank goodness. A was 6lb 2oz and B was 5lb 4oz.
  • thank you
    After three miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy we are currently pursuing adoption. " Born not from our flesh, but born in our heart. You were longed for and wanted and loved from the start."
  • my water spontaneously broke at 35 weeks and I delivered my twins vaginally the next day.  my doctor (MFM) didn't give me at time line, but I was being very closely monitored with ultrasounds and monitoring 2x a week since 29 weeks.

    Mom to 3 wonderful girls:
    Eva, born on 1/2/11
    Celia and Lily, born on 5/17/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards