April 2013 Moms

8 week "wonder week"

OMG. I assume that's what this is and it killing me. Since Sat LO has cried, like screaming crying, from 11ish until 4ish at which point I think shes so tired she crashed.

She's also not sleeping well at night, struggling to go to sleep and waking up often. this morning we were up from 230 till 530 and then back up at 7am.

She's eating almost nonstop but I think it's more pacifying. She won't take her actual pacifier. I even gave her a bottle today after she nursed and she contined to cry. she only drank about an oz, refused the rest.

Re: 8 week "wonder week"

• I haven't heard of the 8 week "wonder week" - does week 8 make you wonder why the hell you had a baby?

Lol - we're at week seven and a half, and Sully has pretty much been like your kiddo the past few days.  Normally a great sleeper, she is resisting naps and is generally fussy.  Lots of hollering.  Good times. 

The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • OMG. My 8 week old is doing this too. How long does it last?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Just wait until wonder week 12, B hit it a week early & it has been a roller coaster ride.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageLa Olivia:
    OMG. My 8 week old is doing this too. How long does it last?

I've read normal is 3 to 14 days but can be as long as 6 weeks. We are on day 3 and I'm praying we are lucky and it ends soon.

• imagemypalbabs:
    I haven't heard of the 8 week "wonder week" does week 8 make you wonder why the hell you had a baby?Lol we're at week seven and a half, and Sully has pretty much been like your kiddo the past few days. nbsp;Normally a great sleeper, she is resisting naps and is generally fussy. nbsp;Lots of hollering. nbsp;Good times.nbsp;

We are also 7.5 weeks but after seeing a few posts and googling around I'm pretty sure that's what we are dealing with.

Apparently their vision is coming in which is over stimulating ad they are starting to realize their limbs belong to them, which freaks them out.

• I'm going through it, LO has not slept more than 45 min stints all day today. i can tell he is tired but wont sleep long. Also, he is eating more.

my husband is OOT this friday through sunday_please pray that it is over by friday. 

• Yep, us too. Oh my gosh.
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • My LO is technically 10 weeks but the WW go off of due date and not birthdate so we are just winding up the 8 week spurt. Holy moly!! It has been torture. My LO is normally an angel, quite possibly the tamest baby alive but this leap has been miserable.
    GL to anyone getting ready to go through it
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecmcmillan0901:
    My LO is technically 10 weeks but the WW go off of due date and not birthdate so we are just winding up the 8 week spurt. Holy moly!! It has been torture. My LO is normally an angel, quite possibly the tamest baby alive but this leap has been miserable.

I didnt know they went off due date. I that's true when we are 8 weeks yesterday.

• imageNicoleSB80:
    imagecmcmillan0901:
    My LO is technically 10 weeks but the WW go off of due date and not birthdate so we are just winding up the 8 week spurt. Holy moly!! It has been torture. My LO is normally an angel, quite possibly the tamest baby alive but this leap has been miserable.

I didnt know they went off due date. I that's true when we are 8 weeks yesterday.

It's goes off due date because that's the rate your LO is developing
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It will get better. T was like this around his appt then the last four nights in a row he has had 6 hour sleeping stretches and has been so happy. Its so wonderful, I know it won't stay this way forever though. One phase to the next, every day feels like an accomplishment to me.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have not heard of that one and i don't remember it with DS. I just want to survive the 6 week growth spurt.

I remember the 12 week one being hell. 

• My condolences! Our LO just finished her 5 week wonder week and it was brutal. I'm dreading the next one!

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"