Two Under 2
Options

We're trying....but I'm REALLY nervous.

Hi everyone!

We are officially trying for #2 and I'm scared out of my mind.  If we are successful this cycle, and carry to term (a whole other nervous part of me), the baby will be born just 2 weeks before DD's 2nd birthday.

I need to hear encouragement and/or stories from those with experience - that'd be YOU!  So if you have some time on your hands (HA!), please share anything to help calm my nerves.

TIA!

Married my best friend ~ May 31, 2008
Adopted our furbaby Kona ~ January 17, 2010
Trying to grow our family ~ June 2010

1st BFP 7.6.10 ~ EDD 3.15.11 ~ mmc 8.6.10 ~ d&c 8.11.10
2nd BFP 11.4.10 ~ EDD 7.15.11 ~ HB 6w3d ~ No HB 7w ~ mmc 12.8.10 ~ d&c 12.9.10
3rd BFP 7.12.11 ~ EDD 3.22.12 ~ HB 6w5d 124 bpm ~ Team Green ~ 
SHE STUCK!
4th BFP 6.20.13 ~ EDD 3.1.14 ~ HB 7w5d 153 bpm ~ A/S revealed due date possibly 2.23
*~*~*~*EXPECT MIRACLES*~*~*~*
Praying for peace in God's ultimate plan ~ "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: We're trying....but I'm REALLY nervous.

• Options
    QmommyQmommy member

Well, seeing that I have a 3 year old, 18 month old and due with baby 3 next month, you can do it!!

There are challenges with any age gap but I absolutely LOVE when DD2 asks for her sister and visa versa.  They are the best of the best friends most of the time and I can't wait to add another in the mix next month.   Yes, there are days I feel crazy for having kids so close together but who doesn't have good days and bad?  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My son is your daughter's age and I have a 3 week old. I think no matter what the age gap adding another kid is kind of a scary idea! It seems like two under 2 is a lot. You get a lot of diapers, a lot of putting kids in strollers, a lot of feeding babies, etc. You also get a lot of cuddles, a lot of exciting milestones, a lot of baby fat rolls, a lot of amazement at how they grow. Oh, and I lot of smiles from strangers because "look at the babies!" I am enjoying it so far. 
    Married to E on June 5, 2010
    Gave birth to baby boy, I, on March 25, 2012
    Gave birth to baby girl, A, on May 20, 2013
    Baby #3 due April 29, 2015

Recovering from mitochondrial dysfunction and Addison's/possibly very severe adrenal burn out using food, medicine, and a large amount of garden therapy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Just want to let you know that you are not alone. I am pregnant with my second, and my DS is 6.5 months old. When baby 2 shows up, DS will be 14 months. I am absolutely terrified. 

I know it will be great when they are older and they are so close in age. It also helps if we want a third eventually because we will have more time before that is no longer an option. I also know that the past 6 months have really shown me that I am capable of anything and everything, but I am still scared. 

Right now though, I am most scared of what everyone else will think. Hubby and I are not in the best place financially (but 500% better than we were 6 months ago) and I have a feeling that many people in our lives, including close friends and family, are going to judge us badly for having another baby again this soon. I know I should rise above it and just be the best damn mother I can be, but its tough.  

Sorry if this doesn't help calm your nerves, but sometimes its nice to know that someone out there shares your worries. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"