February 2012 Moms
Options

Beta ?

Hi gals...I feel safer asking you gals this question instead of the feb 14 board because I don't know them quite yet. People over there are posting their beta test results. I understand that this number is suppose to double through this pregnancy and your doctor looks at these scores. I don't think I ever had this done with LO and don't think I will this pregnancy either. Is this something that is suppose to happen? I don't see my OB until 8 weeks...I don't know, I find this all confusing and I thought maybe you guys could help. tia

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: Beta ?

• Options
    I didn't have mine checked. I think they follow/check these numbers closely if you have a history of fertility/miscarriage issues.  Otherwise, I don't think it's something that's customarily checked.

• Options
    I never did that with DD.  I didn't see my OB until I was 8 weeks.  I could be completely wrong, but I thought that was only looked at if you had a history if infertility, miscarriage, or other complications.  Not sure, but I wouldn't worry. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1: 5/24/11, DD#1 Born 1/16/12
    BFP #2: 7/24/13, MC: 8/28/13 @8weeks, 3days

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I only had mine checked because we were having fertility issues and I was in shock I was pregnant. They did it more for piece of mind than anything. I wouldn't worry, I don't think it is the norm to have it checked.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Same as the others, I never had mine checked - and didn't even know about it until I joined TB!
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options

Betas are normally scheduled for those with infertility/history of losses. Sometimes it also depends on your OB.

Even with my losses, my OB doesn't check betas. She always offers but I decline because my losses are always late in the first trimester when betas don't matter.

January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Options
    nattyknattyk member
    I had them done, but we had fertility issues.  I dont think that it's a normal thing that they would check for if you dont have problems conceiving.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    cs1225cs1225 member
    I never had them with my first. Had a molar m/c after her though and I was checked both pregnancies after one other m/c and then dd2 because I am at greater risk for another molar. I think they are more common for infertility and loss history.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had betas drawn because I was under the care of an RE. I didn't see an OB until almost 12w and I'd already had 3 u/s.

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"