January 2013 Moms

Yeast infections

Great title, right? I have had at least 1 or 2 yeast infections a month since DD was born. Usually right after my period ends. I've been extremely clean and careful, although I always am, but I am still getting them. Anyone else in the same boat after their LO was born?
Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: Yeast infections

• I actually used to get them a lot prior to pregnancy and couldn't figure out why. I was careful, clean, wore cotton, etc and nothing helped. I ended up buying summers eve ph balanced wash and started using that instead of my normal body wash and I have not had one yeast infection since! I think with pregnancy it could've thrown something off balance. Just a suggestion since it worked for me!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I used to get yeast infections a lot as a teenager. My gyno told me to stop sleeping with underwear on. I haven't had one since.
    Baby Evelyn - born 1.16.2013 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Are you sure it's a yeast infection and not bacterial vaginosis? This can be hard to get rid of because its created by a pH imbalance which can occur from your period. Definitely talk to you OB either way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Since 2008 I've gotten yeast infections repeatedly! I thought it was my hubby giving it back to me but his Dr said he was fine. I noticed mine would come shortly after my period which sucked because if it came before, my cycle would flush everything out and balance my pH levels, for that month at least. After I got pregnant in April/May 2012 I had one yeast infection in July after having sex then another in September due to hot weather and extreme moisture in that area. Because I was so vulnerable to them I went on a sex strike!!! Hubby understood why. Now, we've had sex 3 times postpartum and no yeast infection yet! I'm guessing my pregnancy balanced everything out.

I strongly suggest taking L. Acidophilus!!! Since you know when the YI come, up your dosage priormaybe like 6 capsules a day. Try to stay dry with panty liners and change them often. Also I stopped wearing my cute little panties to sleep. Now I wear hubby's old boxer briefs. They're airy, roomy and comfy! Eat yogurt..,lots of it! If you have a Pinkberry near indulge in that every now and then, their yogurt has live cultures. Sorry my post is so long...I know how annoying these things can be.
    Mommy's Little Muscle Man!

• Yes - I am going through this right now. Going to call the OB today because the itching is so intense and Monistat is just making it burn and 100x worse.
  • image MRSVELA07:
    Since 2008 I've gotten yeast infections repeatedly! I thought it was my hubby giving it back to me but his Dr said he was fine. I noticed mine would come shortly after my period which sucked because if it came before, my cycle would flush everything out and balance my pH levels, for that month at least. After I got pregnant in April/May 2012 I had one yeast infection in July after having sex then another in September due to hot weather and extreme moisture in that area. Because I was so vulnerable to them I went on a sex strike!!! Hubby understood why. Now, we've had sex 3 times postpartum and no yeast infection yet! I'm guessing my pregnancy balanced everything out. I strongly suggest taking L. Acidophilus!!! Since you know when the YI come, up your dosage priormaybe like 6 capsules a day. Try to stay dry with panty liners and change them often. Also I stopped wearing my cute little panties to sleep. Now I wear hubby's old boxer briefs. They're airy, roomy and comfy! Eat yogurt..,lots of it! If you have a Pinkberry near indulge in that every now and then, their yogurt has live cultures. Sorry my post is so long...I know how annoying these things can be.

LIKE second her recommendations.  I used to get a yeast infection at least every other month.  Once I started taking acidophilus I would go 6-8 mons without one.  I also notice them more if I have a lot of sex in a short amount of time.  Good luck. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeast infections don't have anything to do with cleanliness.  You probably have an imbalance with your flora.  I would recommend probiotics.  It will probably fix the issue.  
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • EagsEags
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Love Its
    image mrsnala:
    Yes I am going through this right now. Going to call the OB today because the itching is so intense and Monistat is just making it burn and 100x worse.

My ob told me to never use the OTC YI creams, that they made it worse. This, of course, was right after me saying I had tried an OTC cream and it burned like crazy and made it worse.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    3 rounds medicated cycles + TI = BFNs and 1 c/p at 4w1d
    3rd cycle of Femera + Novarel + IUI = BFP!! EDD - 1/21/13
    Beta 14DPO - 132; Beta 16DPO - 311
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Love & luck to my Golden Girls <3<br> *Waiting for Baby Eags*;