February 2012 Moms
Options

*Jeanine88*

I don't know if you remember responding to a post of mine about a month or so back. But, my husband just started a new job in another city. I am a SAHM. This is the beginning of his third week. I really thought it would get easier. But after he left tonight, I just cried. :-( This is really tough. 

We are also trying to sell our house...and won't be moving there until it sold(that's the plan.) I am really just looking to talk to someone who is in the same boat.  

Re: *Jeanine88*

• Options

Hi! Oh I am so, so sorry you are feeling sad. My H is leaving tomorrow for the week and it sucks- Austin get so upset! When my H is gone all week and then comes home, Austin gets super excited, but if my H goes to the bathroom Austin thinks he is gone and throws a tantrum- it's so sad. :( Hopefully this will only be sure lived for you guys. 

I try to make my weeks really, really busy so the days go by more quickly. I schedule something every morning to start around 9- Mommy/Me, LIbrary time, YMCA, etc to get us out of the house in the morning. Then he naps for a chunk of the afternoon and I try to get out again when he wakes up.  It helps to get out to make the day go by more quickly.

I forget- have you put your house up for sale? We're kind of in a similar situation where we are moving in July- so we are the buyers right now as we are still renting. We were in a ton of homes and you would be surprised at how many are not clean! I would just make sure your home is clean and it will sell- I'd say put it up so you can get the process moving more quickly. :)  

BFP 2/14/11 MC 2/28/11 BFP #2- 6/12/11- Austin born 2/22/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Last week, Waverly said "Daddy? Home?" I wanted to cry. She is much more clingy to me right now. If I walk out of the room, she gets super upset. I don't know if it's all the change or what. But, I'm afraid its going to hurt my hubs feelings. :-( 

I MUST get us out of the house more. I think that is half my problem. We pur our house on the market 3 weeks ago tomorrow. I am pretty particular about how our house looks. I like things very tidy. But, now with it up for show I am even more over the top with it. It's tough because I never know when a realtor may call and want to show it in an hour. It's a bit extra challenging with a very busy toddler. I never leave to run an errand unless its in condition to show.

Now condition to show in *my* book is floors freshly mopped (at least 3 times a week), all of the carpet vacuumed, bathrooms wiped down, everything dusted/polished, and the kitchen counters clear except for the coffee maker, mixer, and butter dish. I also like having all of the stainless steel in the kitchen free of finger prints. All of the toys put away in their places, etc. You get the picture.

I am probably putting too much pressure on myself. But, personally, I wouldn't be interested in buying a house that was shown to me that wasn't clean.  I am having some mommy guilt because I have been turning the tv on lately for my daughter so I can get things done. I feel like I don't spend enough one on one time with her. This is all so very difficult by myself. My husband commented tonight before he left how he knows this is much harder on me than him(I was telling how much I hated to see him go again). It really is the toughest thing I've done. I also havent been able to fall asleep until at least 12-1. Then my daughter gets up between 6:30-7:00. So I am exhausted. I really thought I was handeling all of this so well until I started venting here to you...know I realize I'm a mess. :(

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    tayrob, I'm not in a similar situation but would it be possible to go visit your DH for a week every once in a while?  I have no idea if this is something you can do or not, but maybe it would be a nice way to keep some family time and sanity?
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options

Not right now. He's paying rent to live at a friend of ours house. Their place is really small. They said we could come down, but it would be really cramped and their place isn't baby proofed at all. Depending on how long this whole process takes, he may end up doing an extended stay hotel type of thing. If he does that then we will go visit. 

Right now he leaves late Sunday evening, then comes back Friday evenings. I really appreciate the suggestion. I try to remind myself that each day that passes is one day closer to our house selling and moving there.  

• Options

Don't forget to make those weekends count! We go to "happy hour" with Austin on Fridays where we have appetizers and drinks, Saturday during the day we try to do something fun too like the zoo. Keep yourself busy- especially now that it's summer and you can get out and do things!  

BFP 2/14/11 MC 2/28/11 BFP #2- 6/12/11- Austin born 2/22/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I will. Thanks so much! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"