Parenting

Father's Day Gifts

What's everyone doing for YH (or dad) for father's day?  I'm feeling uninspired this year.
My little loves: B 3/12 and J 3/14.

Re: Father's Day Gifts

• So far, I'm getting him shorts.  The man doesn't realize he can order shorts in his size online so all of his pants are like 1-2 sizes too big.

We'll probably go to the park and the Farmer's Market on Father's Day and we're taking the next day off together (B is going to daycare) to go hiking, to the pool, and eat at a restaurant in peace.

I'd like to do something a little bit special or more personal...so I want to steal everyone else's ideas.

• For DH we ordered a powder blue 80s Cardinals jersey with his name on the back. SD is super excited for this.

For my dad I'm doing one of those Pinterest crafts with a photo of us from my wedding. He's sappy, so he'll love it.
    Bonus Mom to the Bean: June '06
  • I'm not supposed to be spending any money on gifts but I did use the $10 credit to Shutterfly to order him a photo mug because he'd mentioned he wanted one for work and I found a NY Giants ball cap on clearance at Bob's for him. I'll have DS do a card or painting for him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SD and I are making him a bouquet of socks. Corny it may be, but the dude needs dress socks.

Me? A beej, of course.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• He doesn't really need much and he's spoiled lol. So I seen this cute little picture frame at walgreens where you can record the LO talking. I figured since he's gone 3 days a week for work that it'd be nice to have. And we can change up the pics and the recording randomly to surprise him. I also got a card that comes with stuff that she can make a handprint with. Hopefully he likes it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • DH got wireless headphones for his Xbox from me and a Muppet tshirt from DD.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • I got them tickets to a baseball game and I plan on making these pintrest coasters with pictures of them through the last 2 1/2 years. Hope it turns out. Also, BJ.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm letting him sleep in, play video games for a few hours uninterrupted and making him chicken fries steak for dinner. We don't do gifts and DS isn't old enough to make him anything.
    H.P. Rubblestone 11.02.12
  • I was at a loss until this afternoon when I had a good idea to get DH a gift certificate to Game Stop. He has been talking about getting a new video game for a while now. I am just sending my dad a card. We are not super close and last time when I asked him what he wanted he said a 200 dollar bottle of cologne. So now I don't ask.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We made painted coffee cups for all the dads this year. Each one has their name and a kids foot print or hand print on it. I pick them up tomorrow. I also gave DH a free pass that day from going to a family thing.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersPitaPata Dog tickersPitaPata Dog tickers
  • image Nana_Osaki06:
    We made painted coffee cups for all the dads this year. Each one has their name and a kids foot print or hand print on it. I pick them up tomorrow. I also gave DH a free pass that day from going to a family thing.

Cute! SD made a mug for DH a couple years ago. He uses it every. Single. Day.  

• image andrea99:

image Nana_Osaki06:
    We made painted coffee cups for all the dads this year. Each one has their name and a kids foot print or hand print on it. I pick them up tomorrow. I also gave DH a free pass that day from going to a family thing.

I got the idea off of Dexter. DH's mug from Cade has the hand print on the bottom.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersPitaPata Dog tickersPitaPata Dog tickers
  • I have not a clue right now.

Maybe some grilling accessories? I haven't really had time to plan this out very well.

Big Sister ~ Little Brother

• I bought him a subscription to the beer of the month club. 
    Always bumping from phone or iPad, please excuse typos!

• image Nana_Osaki06:
    image andrea99:

image Nana_Osaki06:

I got the idea off of Dexter. DH's mug from Cade has the hand print on the bottom.

Even better! 

• image CTGirl30:
    I have not a clue right now. Maybe some grilling accessories? I haven't really had time to plan this out very well.

I feel like you get a pass this year.  One of our friends had her baby today.  I told MH that she should get mother's day next Sunday and her H should not get father's day this year.

• image kiraliz2:
    I'm letting him sleep in, play video games for a few hours uninterrupted and making him chicken fries steak for dinner. We don't do gifts and DS isn't old enough to make him anything.

When my DD was your DS's age we made EX H and my dad a painting for fathers day.  I Just used DD's finger prints and foot prints and then I let DD just play in the paint.  It was messy but fun and they both loved it.   

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • If anyone needs inspiration for a gift:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A9VE3JO/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk

When you want your SO/DH to have a fuller, lifted look.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• FI isn't a father yet and I have no idea what I am doing for my dad, he's so hard to buy for.  I really need to get on the ball.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image missyishere:

If anyone needs inspiration for a gift:

You're terribly, Missy!

• image bearsbearsbears:
    image missyishere:

If anyone needs inspiration for a gift:

You're awesome, Missy!

FTFY

imageimage

• I am buying my husband some monogrammed whiskey glasses and a bottle of Redbreast whiskey. 

As for my dad, I am still lost for ideas.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• image missyishere:
    SD and I are making him a bouquet of socks. Corny it may be, but the dude needs dress socks. Me? A beej, of course.

BBB

Beer, Bacon and Boobs/Beejs.

Homemade gifts made by the children are also acceptable.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • The kids pick out something small, but I don't buy a big gift. We'll get stuff this week, probably from amazon. I have no idea what they will pick out.

Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/1b081e49f637d2a6cfee816c4436f401/tumblr_mw70i7PPZ71slruimo1_500.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards