November 2013 Moms

Worried

I had my first child in 2008. Last year me and my husband decided we wanted another child. I went in for my first ultrasound at 11 weeks had no heart beat. Don't think it ever started. Well here I am pregnant again and due in nov. and I have had 3 ultrasound and doc says everything is great with baby, but I'm still worried. Has anyone ever went through this? And if so how did you get through it?my husband thinks I need to relax and just enjoy it and I'm really trying. I feel the baby and everything. But if I don't much one day I get worried.

Re: Worried

• I think we all have these fears. Especially those of us who have experienced losses. I think the best thing to do is enjoy your pregnancy now as the stage you are in and try to do other things to keep your mind busy. I'm sure you and baby are perfect and healthy.

• Thanks I appreciate that and I'm gonna try. I'm sure my hormones are helping.
  • I think you're going to be fine. I'm sure your baby is perfectly healthy. It normal to worry especially when you've gone through that. Try and stay positive!
  • image piperleigh:
    I think we all have these fears. Especially those of us who have experienced losses. I think the best thing to do is enjoy your pregnancy now as the stage you are in and try to do other things to keep your mind busy. I'm sure you and baby are perfect and healthy.

Yep. Pregnancy after a loss is a total mindfluck. 

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • One day at a time.  If you are anything like me PGAL brain will rear it's ugly head several times a day but they get less and less over time...I'm trying to count my blessings and enjoy each day.  Panic and worry will not help you or baby out at all.  Good Luck. 
    Me 39, DH 40. Married on 9/18/2010 and have been TTC since. IVF # 1-7/13/2012, 15 retreived, 6 fertilized, 2 transferred, 4 frozen. BFP Natural MC 9/10 IVF#2, FET - 12/3/201 2 - 3 transferred, BFP! Natural MC 12/25/2012 IFV #3, 2/27/2013 - 3 transferred, BFP! TWINS!!! Loss of one twin 3/20/13.One sticky hanging on!Pregnancy%20ticker
    imageimage

• I started enjoying my 1st PgAL at 36 weeks.  Yes, 36 weeks.  Starting at 6w I kept thinking I'd feel better the next appt - it took a lot of appts before it actually happened.  Now my 2nd PgAL I am more hopeful already at 15 weeks.  I know there are no guarantees, but I remind myself that it's most likely my DS will be just fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET, DS b. Nov-2013

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 5 angels above, 2010 IVF-PGS-FET, DD b. Aug-2011

• I've had several losses and it is really hard to let it go. One of the ladies I communicate with on another board gave us this mantra, "today, I am pregnant." It helped me to really appreciate that no matter what happens tomorrow, I know I'm pregnant today and I can be joyful about that. I try not to let the fear ruin that feeling. After a while, the fear is less and the joy is more. Give it a try, for one minute each day just enjoy that feeling. Pretty soon, that becomes the dominant feeling.

Also the emotional meltdowns, baby bump, and kicking help to remind me that my baby is still hanging in there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards