January 2013 Moms

What to do?

What do you guys do on the weekend nights after they go to sleep. DD just went down for a while at least and I just usually surf the internet or watch tv. Just curious what everyone else does. :-)

Re: What to do?

• ssmetssmet
    10 Comments
    Same here! After DS goes to bed, I clean the kitchen and after that it's internet then reading a book on my iphone in bed.
    image image image image image image
  • Same, surf the internet, enjoy a beer, catch up on TV and fold laundry.
  • I rented Les Mis on SUNDAY and I've been watching it in snippets all week. My goal is to finish it tonight...after I clean up dinner, wash bottles, etc. of course. DH went out to watch the hockey game so I'm enjoying the peace and quiet!

Julia Rose--the chosen one?

• If I'm not working I stay up to chat with DH, watch TV, go on the internet. Nothing too exciting. It's nice to have quiet time and know DS won't be up in 30 minutes like he usually is during the day! 

• I have a beer, eat a meal lol, watch a movie, take a bubble bath and hang with my husband if he's off work. Tonight we get to go out on our first date since having DD, as soon as my mom decides to show up....ugh
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage
  • Usually I grab a few glasses of wine to congratulate myself on making it through another week as a sahm.  The hubby takes over the baby night shift in Friday and Saturday night.  We usually watch a little tv and go online.  Nothing exciting.   But, tonight I am alone.  The hubs went to his brothers house to enjoy Chicago deep dish pizza and I am a little jealous!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker

• If my husband gets home from work at a decent hour we hang out and catch up since he is usually gone all week.  Sometimes I'll have a beer or two.  I watch tv, browse the internet and try and get some housework done that's nearly impossible with DD by myself.  I end up going to bed early though.  Such a drastic change from my party lifestyle before I got pregnant, but worth every minute.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage image
  • image loreeann86:
    I have a beer, eat a meal lol, watch a movie, take a bubble bath and hang with my husband if he's off work. Tonight we get to go out on our first date since having DD, as soon as my mom decides to show up....ugh

Oh yes a meal lol.  I swear DD cries every time I try to eat during the day it's like she has radar that mom wants to eat.  Have fun on your date :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage image
  • image holly52:

image loreeann86:
    I have a beer, eat a meal lol, watch a movie, take a bubble bath and hang with my husband if he's off work. Tonight we get to go out on our first date since having DD, as soon as my mom decides to show up....ugh

Oh yes a meal lol.  I swear DD cries every time I try to eat during the day it's like she has radar that mom wants to eat.  Have fun on your date :)

I never have a full meal till she's down for the night lol and thanks, still waiting on my mom, it's 620 here. She did have to drive 4 1/2hours... but she told me she'd be here by 5 at the latest so we could do dinner and a movie. The latest the movie plays in our little town is 850 sad face! I still have to go over with her how to put DD down for bed, she has a routine. Or she may be asleep before she gets here!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage
  • Well tonight it seems that I will be going to bed as well since DD just now went down to sleep--she was fighting sleep like crazy tonight.

But normally we relax, maybe have a drink or two (and something sweet--which I prefer to even alcohol!) and enjoy a movie or some DVR.

I was thinking tonight as she was fighting sleep and I was yawning at 9:45pm that in my pre-baby days my night would just be beginning. Funny how things change, but all for the better of course :) 

• Usually just watch tv.. exciting!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • DH and I learned how to play cribbage so we had something to do together at home rather than always watch TV on weeknights. It has been great and we even got some couple friends hooked and have dinner cards nights now. Yup, we are officially old people. :
    BabyFruit Ticker