May 2013 Moms

stretch marks

Anyone else have them?  No real point to this post, just wanted some reassurance that I'm not the only one.  MH didn't help my insecurity when he told me my stomach "looks weird" last night...  I have a ton of them all around my belly button.  I hope it gets a little bit better..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: stretch marks

• be888be888 member
    You are the only person ever to have them. Tell your husband to F off.

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• imagebe888:

I have then too. Dont worry. They are your battle scars!
    I still have that dark line in my belly. I'm still waiting for that to go away.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebe888:

• Yup got em. I got more around belly button after giving birth. I am wondering what everyone is doing to minimize their appearance.

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • imageSOPHJOSAL:
    imagebe888:
    I have then too. Dont worry. They are your battle scars! I still have that dark line in my belly. I'm still waiting for that to go away.

I still have mine too.  I read it is supposed to go away around 4 weeks PP.  I can't wait!  It seems much more noticable PP.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Defenitely not alone in this department.
    I have them all over my stomach and along my hips. I'm a week pp and I think they are already starting to get lighter. I'm using palmers cocoa butter. I found this site through the bump mamamio.com they have products for stretch marks. I think I might try it.
  • I'm 4 weeks PP and the line is most definitely not gone. I read it can take up to a year
  • pnutgpnutg member
    imageSOPHJOSAL:
    imagebe888:

Yup. My stomachs very unattractive still.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • KashyKashy member
    imagekryshy123:
    I'm 4 weeks PP and the line is most definitely not gone. I read it can take up to a year

I still have mine too. I also think it is darker now then when I was pregnant.

As for stretch marks I did not get any.
    Augustus David - Born 5/08/13

my read shelf:
    April's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I feel your pain. I'm finally coming to terms that my belly is never going to be the same and that I will never be able to wear a bikini again. I haven't given up on using cocoa butter and soon will be trying mederma when I run out of cocoa butter soon.
  • motangmotang member
    I have them around my belly button. I've been putting the Mederma for stretch marks on them. I know it takes time to work. I've come to accept them... It's part of being a mommy. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was lucky I only have the dark line in my belly.
  • i might of had to back hand him if my H said that to me
  • imagekryshy123:
    I'm 4 weeks PP and the line is most definitely not gone. I read it can take up to a year

This is me too, they are showing no sign of leaving anytime soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • stretch marks can take up to years to "go away" i've had them all my life basically, and you can still see them. I have my new ones from pregnancy on top of that...which sucks. 
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageShantxtell:
    You need to kick your husband in the balls, then tell him they look weird.

Ha, this. 

• I don't mean to sound mean, but do you really think that you're the only pregnant woman to get stretch marks? 

I have a bunch of them all over my belly, my hips and my thighs. They look even darker now that I don't have a belly anymore. Hopefully they start fading soon. Btw, I can't believe your husband said that to you. That's just wrong...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekryshy123:

Nooo!  Sad  I didn't want to hear that, but it's good to be mentally prepared that it could take a while. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemandy_marie:

Anyone else have them?  No real point to this post, just wanted some reassurance that I'm not the only one.  MH didn't help my insecurity when he told me my stomach "looks weird" last night...  I have a ton of them all around my belly button.  I hope it gets a little bit better..

Lurking here!  Someone posted this once and I loved it: https://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2012/01/19/stretch-marks-wear-them-with-pride/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"