May 2013 Moms

XP stomach sleeping on chest?

Is it safe for LO to sleep on her stomach on my chest? I know babies are to be placed on their back in a crib to lower SIDS risk, but does this also apply to a baby on her stomach if she is sleeping on my chest? DD loves it and I do too but I don't want to do anything that is considered unsafe.

BFP #1 – 4/14/12 – EDD 12/16/12 - ectopic pregnancy – MTX 5/11/12

BFP #2 – 9/2/12 – EDD 5/17/13 - our sweet rainbow DD born 5/23/13

BFP#3 – 1/5/14 – EDD 9/12/14 – natural m/c 2/16/14

BFP #4 - 8/11/14 - EDD 4/24/15 - please stay, LO!

imageimage

Re: XP stomach sleeping on chest?

• I don't see anything wrong with it. I have done this with all three of my children. Of course, you're going to be careful in anything you do with your baby. I would just say watch for the baby putting their face or nose in the blanket on your chest or your clothes or just lie the baby directly on your chest, Hope this helps..
  • My pedi said as long as you're awake and watchin they can sleep on their tummies anywhere. Our LO is having issues sleeping on his back at all so he sleeps on his tummy on us. We wake up whenever he even stirs so we figure its ok
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• You're there and would notice if he stopped breathing.
    Baby #3 on the way!
  • My LO loves this as well. For the first week we couldn't put her down at all to sleep, though she'll now go stretches in the rock n play. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image helenkayj:
    My pedi said as long as you're awake and watchin they can sleep on their tummies anywhere. Our LO is having issues sleeping on his back at all so he sleeps on his tummy on us. We wake up whenever he even stirs so we figure its ok

Agreed. My pedi encourages it as long as we are watching him.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think you just need to be super careful not to fall asleep. It's Such a cozy position and when your sleep deprived its easy to just pass out. The coach is the most dangerous since they can suffocate against the pillows.
  • I did it a lot with DD even though I wasn't 100 percent comfortable with it, it was the only way she would sleep. I propped myself up against the wall and only put the blanket on my legs. She would nestle between my breasts and be secure there. Being close to mom is good to guard against SIDS, which is not the same as accidental suffocation.
    Our cycle 12 sweepea was born at 34w 3d!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersPregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards