February 2012 Moms

Screaming

Nolan's new thing is to scream at the top of his lungs ALL THE TIME!  It is driving me crazy!  I think it is because he is having trouble communicating what he wants. I have tried teaching him some more signs, getting him what I think he wants, whispering when he screams, ignoring it, but nothing works.  Does anyone else have a screamer?  If so, what are your tricks?  

Re: Screaming

• I have a screamer...I ignore even though then that leads to him pulling on my leg. I say no screaming and walk away, which usually leads to more screaming. I also have been teaching him signs and just simply asking him what he wants.  The signs have helped greatly and if I ask him what he wants, he usually responds with either milk or a snack...so if he responds nicely and then signs please, he can have what he asked for. 

There are some days, like today, where he is just tired and fussy  so he screams as a reaction to that.  He screamed so hard and loud earlier that he was shaking.  He things it is a game...my ears and head are in pain!

Hope you figure out what can work for you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageklutzygrl26:
    Big time screamer!nbsp; She sometimes gets herself so worked up that she can't calm down.nbsp; Alot of times the ONLY thing that makes her stop screaming is to take her outside.nbsp;

We go outside frequently. It's not so much screaming, just lots of whining that starts to sound like nails on a chalkboard....
    So we go outside as often as possible
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • jk382jk382 member

We have been on vacation at the beach this week.  I know the difference in routine has caused some of the screaming episodes.  Hopefully, once we are back home and on schedule, things improve.  

My DH works a lot of hours and isn't typically around Nolan that much.  He has been shocked this week at what a handful he can be...LOL!  I think he thinks SAHM means watch TV all day, but this week he sees that it is much different!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"