February 2013 Moms

MaterniT21 Test

Hi, Lurker with a question.

If you had this test done... Were they able to accurately tell you the gender of your LO?

~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: MaterniT21 Test

• Yes along with the 10 or so ultrasounds we had and an amnio, we had no doubt it was a girl.
    View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (kxiS)
    Lilypie - (BG2d)
  • image Teacher Clark:
    Yes along with the 10 or so ultrasounds we had and an amnio, we had no doubt it was a girl.

If you remember: how many weeks were you when you got the MaterniT21 test done?

~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think they are supposed to tell u the gender based on the Mat21 test bc it's done so early and they are worried people will use it to select gende/terminate based imon gender. I think ours was done at 9 weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • image mendota67:
    I don't think they are supposed to tell u the gender based on the Mat21 test bc it's done so early and they are worried people will use it to select gende/terminate based imon gender. I think ours was done at 9 weeks.

I have NEVER heard that before.
    View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (kxiS)
    Lilypie - (BG2d)
  • image tailanis:

image Teacher Clark:
    Yes along with the 10 or so ultrasounds we had and an amnio, we had no doubt it was a girl.

If you remember: how many weeks were you when you got the MaterniT21 test done?

Mine was done much later than normal, a few weeks after my 20 week AS because they thought there was something very wrong with LO. I did it before the amnio as I was worried about the miscarriage risk with an amnio. I ended up doing the amnio when I was hospitalized around 27 or 28 weeks.
    View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (kxiS)
    Lilypie - (BG2d)
  • image Teacher Clark:
    image mendota67:
    I don't think they are supposed to tell u the gender based on the Mat21 test bc it's done so early and they are worried people will use it to select gende/terminate based imon gender. I think ours was done at 9 weeks.
    I have NEVER heard that before.

p I hadn't heard this either, but I have heard of some countries wanting the a/s at 30 weeks for the same reason! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c Harrison 2/6/12 @ 14weeks