Nurseries and Baby Gear

Stroller with true "upright" seat

I can't believe I'm even posting this because I regularly respond to posts about the City Mini GT with how much I love it - and I do. It's an awesome stroller . . . but, we've recently noticed that even in it's most upright position with the straps in the correct placement, DS (14 months) still ends up sort of reclined/slouched over.  Basically, the only way for him to sit up straight and hold on to the belly bar or snack tray would be if we loosened the straps and he held himself up straight (i.e., his back would not be against the seat) - and that doesn't sound all that comfy.  Or, maybe he wouldn't mind that but I don't think it seems all safe to have the straps that loose. 

So . . . does anyone have/know of a stroller that allows kids to sit truly upright?

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stroller with true "upright" seat

• JSM3JSM3 member
    We have an Uppababy Cruz and the stroller seat sits very upright. We're still using it with the bassinet though, as my dd is only 4 weeks. Super lightweight and a huge basket too which is awesome!
    After many struggles we are ecstatically and cautiously expecting! FET#1- BFN FET#2- BFP 5w2d- 1 healthy sac 6w3d- Heartbeat!! Thank you God!! 120 BPM 7w3d-154 BPM 8w3d-169 BPM Baby moved for 1st time! 9w2d-HB 169 BPM Baby danced again! So blessed!! IT'S A GIRL!!! Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have the Mama's & Papas Sola stroller. Sits straight up and flat down. Great stroller, highly recommend! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Make sure you are pulling the seat really tight into the most upright position.  I can get my City Mini very upright.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • I think you can get a seat support to add to the back of the GT. That might help?

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
    BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
    BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

• UB Vista is fully upright. DS only liked to be fully upright. I know older versions had a slight recline. Mine was from 2010.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"