February 2013 Moms

Song Suggestions?

Anybody got some good song suggestions to sing to LO during the day or during car rides?

I am tired of singing the same few nursery rhymes over and over so I have started singing silly TV theme songs to DS. He is a fan of Gilligan's Island, the Addams Family, and the Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

Re: Song Suggestions?

• The old lady who swallowed a fly!?! That one goes on forever. My mom and I youtubed it the other day because we disagreed on the lyrics. And DS loves it when I tickle his tummy during the part where the "old lady who swallowed a spider that wriggled and jiggled and tickled inside her".  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • LOL I love that you're singing sitcom themes to your baby :)  I just play "regular" music and sing along with that to him. Or I make up dumb songs as parodies to real songs. It's embarrassing, so I won't go into detail Wink 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ooh I forgot about the old lady who swallowed a fly, that's a good one! I definitely like the longer songs... Keeps baby AND momma from getting bored!

I make up random songs too, I swear my kid looks at me sideways sometimes with the weird stuff I come up with!
  • When DD was a few weeks old and she would only go to sleep in our laundry room with the dryer running, I sang her "hush little baby" forever and made up my ow rhymes with it because I couldn't remember beyond the first verse. It was kinda fun and stupid at the same time. 

Other than that, I sing her whatever is on my iPod or the radio at the time. Or I make up songs about whatever is happening, from baths to waking up to pooping.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • VespahVespah
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    I don't know a single kid who doesn't love Baby Beluga. 
    Derek - February 2013        Caelyn April 2011
    imageimage

• I just sing along with whatever music I like. I don't remember listening to "kids'" music growing up, it was whatever my parents liked. Honestly, I'm glad. I was just as happy listening to the Beatles and Billy Joel as I would have been with kids' songs.

I think the only kids' music DD has heard has been Fraggle Rock, although Captain Bogg and Salty gets my stamp of approval. For those of you that are familiar with Jake and the Neverland Pirates, two members of Captain Bogg and Salty were Loren Hoskins and Kevin Hendrickson. It was a pirate themed rock band that DH and I saw open for Harvey Danger about six years ago. I still have NO idea why they were on that concert, I was incredibly confused when a bunch of pirates took the stage, but it was actually kind of amazing. I kind of wish it wasn't the middle of the night with DD passed out on my shoulder for post nursin upright time. We'd totally be rocking put to "Scurvy" right now.
  • I sing Beatles songs to my kids lol
    Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."

imageView Full Size Image
    Jack 04/29/10 dairy peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism
    Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
    Lilypie - (cF7R) Lilypie - (Phka)

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"

• tdmd09tdmd09
    Eighth Anniversary 250 Answers 1000 Comments Combo Breaker

Yesterday DH was singing songs from The Sound of Music. I also sing a few songs I remember as a kid, like The Teddy Bears' Picnic and the song about the Kukaburra. We do a lot of Old McDonald too.

And one time I sang "Hey Ya" by Outkast and shook it like a polaroid picture in my kitchen. But it made him stop crying, so I have no regrets ;) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • image tdmd09:

Yesterday DH was singing songs from The Sound of Music. I also sing a few songs I remember as a kid, like The Teddy Bears' Picnic and the song about the Kukaburra. We do a lot of Old McDonald too.

And one time I sang "Hey Ya" by Outkast and shook it like a polaroid picture in my kitchen. But it made him stop crying, so I have no regrets ;) 

Thank you for sharing the mental image of a mom shaking it like a polaroid picture in front of her crying baby, and successfully soothing him. Thank you. lol 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Haha I love that you sing Fresh Prince of Bel Air to your LO! I definitely am guilty of listening to inappropriate music with my DD, such as Kanye West, but usually I will do country and oldies in the car. My favorite kids songs are anything by Raffi though, I put it on Pandora on the computer or on my phone.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married the love of my life July 2010! TTC since Dec 2011.
    BFP #1: 1/20/12; missed m/c 2/17/12; d&c 3/2/12
    BFP #2: 6/1/12; EDD 2/12/13, DD born 1/5/13 at 34w 5d!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS likes Down By the Bay. I also like it because I can make up my own rhymes, so it doesn't really get stagnant. I've also taken the melodies of a lot of lullabies and made my own songs.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Connor Ryan

BFP 6/24/12 * LMP EDD 3/3/13 * U/S EDD 2/20/13
  • boom boom pow by the black eyed peas, little bunny foo foo, rockin robin, johnny b good...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker