Multiples

When did you start showing with twins?

I'm only 8 weeks with twins and I'm small/average build but I'm definitely bigger already.
I can't wear any jeans without a rubber band or safety pin, and there is a definite, albeit small bump going on.

Did anyone else start slightly showing this early?
I'm pretty sure my coworkers are starting to guess already!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 68267a67-3f26-46c7-99d0-402bfbfb6b87_zps2561b658.jpg

Re: When did you start showing with twins?

• This is my second pg, and I stopped buttoning my pants around 9w. But I didn't start really showing until 18w or so. My coworkers had no idea when I told them around 15w. I just wore loose fitting clothes. I had no interest in telling early, so I made an effort to hide the bloat.

• It's bloat, but I haven't been able to wear pants w/o an elastic or belly band since mid-IVF cycle.  Started getting the side-eye and rude questions at work around 9/10w.
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

• It was my second pregnancy and friends started guessing at 8 weeks. Pretty sure it was bloat too at that point but it looked like a pregnancy bump, even when I tried to hide under big clothes. It took a lok of work to hide it until 12 weeks. When I started telling I just wore regular clothes and let my belly spread the news. It was pretty effective.
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

• Oh yeah I'm positive it's just bloat...I mean the babies are only raspberry sized right now! I think it's going to be hard to keep secret by 12 weeks though!

photo 68267a67-3f26-46c7-99d0-402bfbfb6b87_zps2561b658.jpg
  • I was majorly bloated by 8 weeks and needed the rubber band for my pants too. By 12 weeks I was definitely showing but I was able to wear bigger shirts to hide it. No one knew besides me but once we told everyone, by 13 weeks there was no denying it. 
    Fraternal twin boys born at 33 weeks 4 days Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I started showing around 12 weeks (second pregnancy). That's when people who know me started saying I looked pregnant. People I didn't know well or strangers started noticing around 22 ish weeks.

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

T1 diabetes diagnosed 11/95 due to severe pancreatic injury
    BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,
    Pleural effusion, Kidney Failure
    BFP 2 4/26/12 EDD 1/3/13 M/C 5/13/12
    BFP 3 10/3/12 EDD 6/17/13 Twins! Preston and Juliet b. 5/22/13

• I was also very petite and thin to start out with. I was having trouble buttoning my pants by about 8-9 weeks and was in maternity pants around 12w. I didn't start wearing maternity shirts until about 17w. If I wore fitted shirts, people who knew me could tell I was pregnant by 12 weeks. I was able to hide it if I wanted to under baggy shirts until about 16 weeks. I never really "popped" though, like some people talk about. My bloat bump just gradually grew into a baby bump.

image image 4months_2

• The Rubber Band trick just made me so uncomfortable that i gave up and was in maternity pants around 9 weeks. i just looked like i was eating too much until about 14w or so. but i was so fat i started telling people around 10w.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• I had some bloat in the beginning.  I used a Bella Band to keep my pre-preg pants for a while.  After the bloat though, I think you could see the start of an actual bump at about 12 weeks.  It was small, just like I might have eaten too much, but it was there.  I probably could have kept the pregnancy a secret for a few more weeks at that point, but that was about the time we came out. 
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I definitely was bloated from the beginning, and was wearing maternity pants by 12 weeks, however I truly wasnt showing until about 16-17 weeks-- at least showing to people who didn't know me.

• I didn't start using maternity clothes until about week 23. 
  • I was bloated early until about 10 weeks. I think it was from IVF and all the meds. Then, the bloat went away. I started looking pregnant about 14 weeks.
    ? TTC#1 since 2/10 ?

DX: Me - Slight androgen PCOS Him: Mild MFI Official DX: Unexplained IF

2/11 - 8/11 - 6 cycles Femara (5mg) + TI = BFNs

2/12 - 5/12 - Femara(5mg) + IUI = BFNs

6/12 and 8/12 - Femara (7.5mg) + IUI = BFN :( - considered IUI#3 and 4 by RE

9/12 and 12/12 - Femara (7.5mg for 3 days) + Ovidrel + IUI = BFN

After 8 unsuccessful IUIs and no explanation for IF, moving on to IVF Feb. 2013.

S/PAIFW appreciated
  • Haven't been here in a super long time, but I started showing at 15w. I had lost about 40 pounds by that point though :/ I also had THREE friggen long stretch marks already! WTF skin? Get your sh!t together.
    no day but today~ RENT
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers