Birth Stories

XP Dalaney Marie's birth story

So Dalaney's birth story...Short version, last paragraph. I know it has taken me a week lol. Oh what a week.

Thursday afternoon I went in for a normal OB appointment with NST (Non Stress Test). I do all the regular stuff and then got hooked up to check out little miss D. She of course rocked another NST like nobodies business. However I did not receive such rave reviews. My legs have been swollen constantly since last Sunday. I don't mean like swollen and go down I mean like elephant legs since last Sunday.

Anyway, she checked my Blood pressure which was really high and she would not tell me the number. Next they checked my urine. It had +3 protein in it and this all screams pre-eclamsia. This got me an immediate visit to Geisinger in Danville.

I went home packed a few things and then got on the road, which sucked BTW because it was like a hurricane out there and I hate driving in the rain to begin with (I am sure this helped the blood pressure). Any who my mom met me at the entrance and we tried to find out where we needed to go. Up to Labor and Delivery we went. They put me in a room where I peed in a cup, and was hooked up for continuous monitoring of me and baby D bear.

Friday they assessed the 24 hour urine and determined with my continuously high BP and the 3+ protein in my urine I had pre-eclamsia. They immediately decided it was time to induce me and get baby girl out, they also put me on  continuous magnesium drip. They placed the servidal by my cervix to get things started. This is a 12 hour process, so we waited. At the end of 12 hours I was 80% effaced but nothing else. This is when they decided to to place a different pill that would be checked every 4 hours. On the 3rd round of this pill I was completely effaced and 1cm dilated.

This is when they decided they would use a ballooning tool to further dilated me. Unfortunately we did not get this far because I was having back to back contractions that were literally beating D up inside and pushed my uterus into my chest. D's heart rate started to decelerate and they started having me change positions to find her heart beat again. In this process I had my IV ripped out and started bleeding all over. They did a p!ss poor job or placing it in my other arm and my whole arm turned black and blue.

So after we went through this ordeal twice they decided a section was the best option. They got us all ready and wheeled me back with the intention of B joining us after prepping me. After a half hour of getting the Epi in they finally laid me down and check for her heart beat again. It was there, very slow and then gone. The last thing I remember was the doctor telling them to put me under and get the baby out and me telling them to tell my husband what was going on.

Next thing I remember I was being wheeled down the hall and finally saw B. I remember asking where D was and if everything was alright. At this point neither of us had seen her and really had no idea how it went.

Dalaney was born at 605 AM on May 26th by emergency C-section. She was 5lbs 8oz and 19 inches long. She was born at 35 weeks and has rocked every test they have given her. We were released on Thursday May 31st. We are still working on her weight gain and the Jaundice and I am working on my blood pressure. We go back today for check-ups.

Me(26)DH(33)
TTC for #1 since Jan 2010
BFP #1 Oct 1 2010 MC Oct 3 2010
DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011
3 rounds of Clomid all BFN
BFP #2 10/12/12 Beta #1 45.1 Beta #2 160.7 * 2/27 diagnosed with IEF in utero.
Dalaney born @ 35w2d via emergency C-section due to Pre-E after 30 hrs of labor & losing her HB twice. She weighed 5lbs 8oz & was 19in long on May 26th 2013 @ 605am

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers   image

"Severe truth is expressed with some bitterness."

Re: XP Dalaney Marie's birth story

• Great story, but I think you spelled her name wrong!
  • I don't know if you'll ever read this, but as a nurse I wanted to let you know that your doctor not telling you your BP, even after you asked, was extremely unethical. You have a right to know everything that is happening to you, and what every result is. I'm sorry you had to experience that, and the IV debacle. I'm glad everything turned out well in the end for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for your reply, I assume she did not want to spike my BP by worrying me. I am a need to know person though and not knowing bothers me more. Thanks again!
    Me(26)DH(33)
    TTC for #1 since Jan 2010
    BFP #1 Oct 1 2010 MC Oct 3 2010
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011
    3 rounds of Clomid all BFN
    BFP #2 10/12/12 Beta #1 45.1 Beta #2 160.7 * 2/27 diagnosed with IEF in utero.
    Dalaney born @ 35w2d via emergency C-section due to Pre-E after 30 hrs of labor & losing her HB twice. She weighed 5lbs 8oz & was 19in long on May 26th 2013 @ 605am

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers   image

"Severe truth is expressed with some bitterness."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"