January 2013 Moms

bed time

What time are all the los out there going to sleep these days?

R keeps pushing it back on me. I'm tired. Like 1030 to 1130 lately. ....
image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: bed time

• 9:20pm here right now and DS is still wide awake. He goes down between 9:30pm-11pm. I'm glad you posted, I was starting to feel like I was keeping him up too late with mamas posting about their LOs going to bed at 8pm, 7pm, or even 6pm!

I'm a night owl, even when I get up early, so his bed time doesn't bother me. He STTN until 6:30am for the second night in a row last night so I'm starting to get really excited at the prospect of real sleep for the first time in 5 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image     image
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

image image image
                      They were here and they are loved.              Sept14 April Sig Challenge - Favorite Fairy Tale
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DS is down by 8 every night. He was asleep at 7:45 tonight. It's now 12:30 and I am still up like an idiot ... 

Daisypath Anniversary tickersimage
  • DCKateDCKate
    100 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    DD goes down for the night between 10 and 11 or so. You aren't alone!
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • My DD is usually down for bed between 9 and 9:50. She has been surprising us with her 4am wake up lately. It sucks because I have to get up for work at 5. Urgh!
  • Carmella is asleep in her crib between 8 and 830 and usually sleeps till 6 or 7. I'm scared the 4month wakefulness is going to start soon though. Past two mornings around 4 she starts moving around a lot and makes noises but isn't awake. I can't sleep while she's doing that...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage
  • We do DD's and DS's bath and bedtime together, so bath starts around 8.15, then jammies, cuddling, bottle and she's in bed shortly before 9pm

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • LO starts getting cranky around 1045, depending on her last bottle she will either get a whole bottle or half a bottle.... cradle her and hum two songs, she's out by 1110 :
  • we are on the early side. ds goes down between 6:45 7:45pm, wakes between 5:30 6am ...which works perfect for our morning routine.

100 "Parks And Recreation" GIFs To Celebrate The Show's 100th Episode

Anniversary

• DD is usually out between 8 and 9.  She is usually up around 3:30 and then sleeps until 5 or 6.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image babyhannah2013:
    My DD is usually down for bed between 9 and 9:50. She has been surprising us with her 4am wake up lately. It sucks because I have to get up for work at 5. Urgh!

DD has done that too! That is the worst! 

• DD normally went to bed between 10 and 12:30. We started sleep training tonight and are trying to get her to bed at 8.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• For those of you who have later bedtimes, like 9:00 or later, when is LO last nap? My DD does not require much sleep apparently so I would like to make bedtime a little later. Do you let them sleep around 6 or is that too late for a nap?
  • She usually exhausted by 6:30 but I push her to at least 7 or 7:30. If she's really tired that early we will walk the dog, then I'll read her a book, then a bath and usually that puts us nursing and rocking around 7:30. Day care wears her out.
  • 9:00 or 10:00. I wish it was earlier.

• b0710b0710
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Love Its Name Dropper
    DS likes to go to bed around 7, normally by 7:30 for sure.  Last night he tried to go to bed at 6:30, which scared me a lot :)  Since the 4 month wakeful hit, he now wakes up twice to eat, but takes almost a full hour to go back to sleep.  Then, he started getting up for real around 5.  I get up at 5:45, so 5 is awful.  We are both teachers though and this is our  last week of school, so I'm hoping we can get him to go back down after the dreaded 5 am wakeup.  My 6 year old is normally up between 7 and 8 for good though, so sometimes it feels like I'm fighting a losing battle either way.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DS is down by 7:30, and wakes up at around 1:30-2 and 4:30-5 to eat. Usually back down within a few minutes post-feeding and then sleeps until 7-8.
  • I'm surprised that so many babies don't go to bed until late!  Usually by now most babies like to go to sleep around 7pm.  Whatever works!  

DD was going to be during the 8pm hour, but she pushed it back a few week ago.  She goes down during the 7pm hour now.   

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • jcar2jcar2
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Love Its Second Anniversary
    Usually between 9 to 10. I tried to get him down at 8 last night but he was ready to play.
    Our Little Angel: BFP 1/25/2014 (EDD 10/4/2014), u/s #1 3/6/2014, u/s #2 3/18/2014 no heartbeat, mmc

image

My Chart
                                                                                    All AL Welcome 
  • image kcasey24:
    For those of you who have later bedtimes, like 9:00 or later, when is LO last nap? My DD does not require much sleep apparently so I would like to make bedtime a little later. Do you let them sleep around 6 or is that too late for a nap?

DS used to have his last nap between 5 and 6, but the last month or so he's been more awake and wanting to play around that time so his last nap is more around 7pm. It only lasts about 30 minutes but it gives him enough energy to stay up until 9 or 10pm before bed.

I just do what works for him and don't worry about it being too late or whatnot.

image     image

image image image
                      They were here and they are loved.              Sept14 April Sig Challenge - Favorite Fairy Tale
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DD goes to bed around 8:30 or 9.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 8 pm. Pretty much every night no matter what time I start her bedtime routine she goes to sleep at 8.
  • DS goes to bed at 6:00 or 6:30pm. It seems way to early but will sleep until 6 am (waking once to feed). DH and I talked about it last night how we should push bedtime back to at least 7pm.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DS goes to bed between 8:45 and 9:15. He usually gets up around 8 but the last week he's been getting up at 9, no MOTN feeding. He takes his last nap around 6:30 or 7, it's just a little catnap 20 to 40 minutes.
    image image

• HildawHildaw
    Second Anniversary
    We have aimed for 8 for a long time, but recently discovered she does better if she goes down earlier, closer to 7. Any later than 8 or 8:30 and she turns into a screaming nightmare.
  • Holy cow late babies! Not here, DD is toast by six or so so we average between six and seven. Gets up at five something or six something no matter what.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DD's bedtime can fall any time between 8 and 11.  Most often she falls asleep between 9 and 9:30.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

11/2010- Diagnosed with PCOS
    BFP #1 10/10/2011 EDD 6/19/2012;Natural M/C 10/31/2011 @ 8wks
    BFP #2 5/10/2012 EDD 1/14/2013: Baby Girl born 1/12/2013
  • DD has started putting herself to bed around 8. If she's up much later, she turns into an ill little girl. If she takes a late nap, sometimes she'll push to 9 or 930, but no later. She used to go to bed between 1030 and 11 and all of a sudden, 2 weeks ago, BAM, she started putting herself to sleep at 8.
    TTC since 7/2010. BFP #1 10/7/2010. M/C 11/3/2010.
    PCOS diagnosed 10/2011. BFP #2 4/29/2012 after 3 rounds of Clomid. 1/8/13- our little miracle is here!

imageimage

• 7:15/7:30 asleep by 8 usually. she sleeps until 8:30 on the weekends when I don't have to wake her. She may get up once or twice before that but all it takes is the paci to put her back out.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image trombgirl:

image kcasey24:
    For those of you who have later bedtimes, like 9:00 or later, when is LO last nap? My DD does not require much sleep apparently so I would like to make bedtime a little later. Do you let them sleep around 6 or is that too late for a nap?

DS used to have his last nap between 5 and 6, but the last month or so he's been more awake and wanting to play around that time so his last nap is more around 7pm. It only lasts about 30 minutes but it gives him enough energy to stay up until 9 or 10pm before bed.

I just do what works for him and don't worry about it being too late or whatnot.

R has recently been doing the 7pm nap. DH wants me to not let her but how the heck would you do that?! Especially on the days she doesn't nap for crap you can't not let her KWIM?

It is frustrating but I kinda think like you said there isn't anything we can do is there!?

That being said she went down last night at 11 but slept till 9, we all slept like babies last night!
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary