March 2013 Moms
Options

Rough day :(

I'm sorry to whine and complain, but it's been a really, really rough day!!  My daughter is refusing to take longer than a 15 minute nap at a time....and she's only had 2 today.  She is still wide awake and screaming her poor little head off.  I have tried everything I can think of (things that usually work) to soothe her and nothing is helping.  My older two kids were fighting all evening and destroyed the house while I was walking around trying to comfort my inconsolable girl. 

She has a couple little white bumps on her gums and has been chewing on everything she can get to her mouth.  She seems almost frantic to get something in there to chew on.  She won't take a bottle (I EP and give her bottles due to problems latching that we couldn't resolve) Is it possible she is teething already??  It seems way too early for that. 

I am at my wits end.  My husband works all night, so I have no relief here at home.  Just needed to vent to someone.  Thanks for listening!!

Re: Rough day :(

• Options

My daughter has been going through this for a week now. She has every symptom of teething except I can't feel any teeth under her gums! I am sure that is what it is though. Unfortunately you just have to ride it out. Hyland's Teething Tablets helped a little. She did the same thing with naps and got so overtired that all she could do was scream. She is usually such a happy baby and almost never cries so to have her screaming like that for hours on end was so hard because I've never experience it before! I totally empathize.

ETA: I'm not sure how old your LO is, but there is a wonder week at 12 weeks old. Could be that too! And aren't white bumps on gums a sign of thrush? I thought I heard that but I don't BF so I'm not sure...

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • Options
    imagevmihelci:

My daughter has been going through this for a week now. She has every symptom of teething except I can't feel any teeth under her gums! I am sure that is what it is though. Unfortunately you just have to ride it out. Hyland's Teething Tablets helped a little. She did the same thing with naps and got so overtired that all she could do was scream. She is usually such a happy baby and almost never cries so to have her screaming like that for hours on end was so hard because I've never experience it before! I totally empathize.

ETA: I'm not sure how old your LO is, but there is a wonder week at 12 weeks old. Could be that too! And aren't white bumps on gums a sign of thrush? I thought I heard that but I don't BF so I'm not sure...

My daughter will be 12 weeks this coming Friday.  I don't think it's thrush....her gums look just like my older daughter's did when she was cutting teeth.  Just much later than this! 

The doctor diagnosed her with colic at 3 weeks old and she has just started to come out of it some and was a lot happier and peaceful....now, the past couple days have been almost constant screaming and not sleeping well at all.  Some of her screams almost put me in a panic because they are so shrill! 

I hope your daughter is back to her happy self very soon!  It's so hard not being able to fix whatever is wrong!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageamylou8201:
    imagevmihelci:

My daughter will be 12 weeks this coming Friday.  I don't think it's thrush....her gums look just like my older daughter's did when she was cutting teeth.  Just much later than this! 

The doctor diagnosed her with colic at 3 weeks old and she has just started to come out of it some and was a lot happier and peaceful....now, the past couple days have been almost constant screaming and not sleeping well at all.  Some of her screams almost put me in a panic because they are so shrill! 

I hope your daughter is back to her happy self very soon!  It's so hard not being able to fix whatever is wrong!!

Well I would bet its teething. My doctor told me that 3 months is on the very early end of normal. Our poor babies just can't catch a break, huh? Between your daughter's colic and mine's reflux they deserve some happy times and they just can't get it. Sad

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • Options

If it is teething, my SIL sent me this:

https://www.mommypotamus.com/how-to-make-homemade-teething-gel-oil/

I don't know if it works, and I can only assume it's safe for baby.  

• Options

I know those bumps could be a sign of teething but not always. my daughter has had those white bumps since she was born and it is not thrush or teething.  My dr said some babies start teething early so I guess you lo could be.  Call the dr and see what they think.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"