February 2013 Moms

Who does your LO look like?

My kids look like DH. DS in particular is an exact replica...

DH at 18 months:

DS at 18 months:

DD looks a little more of my side of the family in her, but she still looks a lot like her daddy. But that's to be expected.... I'm red-headed, left-handed, type O Negative, basically all recessive genes.

So who do your little ones look like?

Re: Who does your LO look like?

• Spitting image!

It's hard to say since I don't have baby pics of either of us, but I think he looks more like his dad. Especially in the dimples department. He might have my eyes, but his dad's and my eyes are really similar to begin with.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DS1 looks exactly like my dad and a lot like me. DS2 was the spitting image of DS1 as a newborn, but is starting to have a lot of DH's features.  The blond hair from me belongs to both boys though.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Red head recessive? PFFFT! 

I am full blown red head and so is my son. I could tell he was a redhead when they delivered him just by his skin tone alone. DH has dark hair and he was so sure that our kids would be dark haired like him because it was a dominant gene. When he asked me how I think the red hair happened I told him, "either I cheated on you with a leprechaun or we truly know who wears the pants in our family"  

lol!

Honestly, other than our LO having my colouring, I think he looks more like his father every day. He has my nose and chin....and hair... :)  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In the newborn stage, you could swap pics off my son and me and not be able to tell who is who... As he gets a little older, we're starting to see his Daddy more. I think he's now at a great mix of the two of us.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Connor Ryan

BFP 6/24/12 * LMP EDD 3/3/13 * U/S EDD 2/20/13
  • DD is a weird mix of the two of us. My mom swears it's because DH and I do look a little alike. She has his face shape nose and strange colored eyes. She has my chin and red hair.

In my experience, red hair is a strong recessive trait. I know that's not really true but...My mom has red hair but my dad has dark brown, yet my parents had three red heads. DH has brown hair and we had a red head as well.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DD looks a lot like me. She definitely has my hair, eyes, and nose. She has her daddy's chin but that's about it right now.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 :)
    BFP #2 on 1/3/14, EDD 9/13/14

• E is a red head to! DH is a redhead minus the red hair. He has all the other traits tho. But is really funny... E looks like both my brother and my brother in law the most.he only kind of looks like DH and me, lol!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Me on the left, DH on the right, DD in the middle.

I think she looks like her daddy :) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow, they do look just alike!

Dd looks exactly like me! Mil tells us all the time how much she resembles dh. She has showed us his baby pics and not even close to a resemblance. We showed her my baby pic and she thought it was dd! 

Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • My LO looks like my husband. And I hear it all the time lol Sometimes when the baby stares at me I crack up because it looks like my husbands stare lol He has my head shape and mayne my ear lobes LMAO
    photo 974be4a7-562b-438b-968f-2b2b4a7ac553.jpg
  • image babywisher:

Wow, they do look just alike!

Dd looks exactly like me! Mil tells us all the time how much she resembles dh. She has showed us his baby pics and not even close to a resemblance. We showed her my baby pic and she thought it was dd! 

My mom used to always say DS looked like my brother, until she saw DH's baby pic. Everyone else thinks it's Nate too, until they take a second look. 

• He's a pretty good mix of the both of us. From his nose down he looks like me. He has my husband's eyes and eyebrows. The hair I'm not sure. My natural hair color is blond and my husband has a bunch of red heads in his family so I'm assuming that's why kiddo is strawberry blond.

My mom says when he smiles she sees my smile as a baby. 

• image Rosebean:
    Red head recessive? PFFFT!nbsp;I am full blown red head and so is my son. I could tell he was a redhead when they delivered him just by his skin tone alone. DH has dark hair and he was so sure that our kids would be dark haired like him because it was a dominant gene. When he asked me how I think the red hair happened I told him, "either I cheated on you with a leprechaun or we truly know who wears the pants in our family" nbsp;lol! Honestly, other than our LO having my colouring, I think he looks more like his father every day. He has my nose and chin....and hair... : nbsp;

Fun fact: red hair isn't truly recessive. Brown hair is dominant to red hair, but red hair is dominant to blond. Even with one brown hair gene, red sometimes peeks through, it's why my brown hair has natural red highlights. Odds are your DH only has one brown hair gene and carries a gene for either blond or red hair, which is what your LO got. If your son's hair is REALLY red, your DH probably has a red hair gene. If it's strawberry blond, he probably has a blond hair gene.

Oh, and DD looks like a perfect blend of me and DH. She looks more like him if her chin is down and you're looking at her dead on. She looks like me in profile or if she holds her chin up. And I think she go my red hair gene. Her hair started out jet black, but now it's light brown with red highlights. I'm thinking she may ultimately end up a strawberry blond because there's a chance she got DH's recessive blond gene, since he's a brunette as well but his mom is a natural blond!
  • I wish I had pics of the two of us as babies but I've seen DH baby pics so I know. DD has her dad's eyes and fuzzy strawberry hair and gray-blue eyes, his ears and I think his oval face. She has my nose and the baby cheeks I had as a baby. I think she favors her father but looks like a bit of both of us.

DD:

Me and DH:

Kleigh, I've always thought "Oh, wow her baby looks just like her!" whenever I saw your siggy, but I can see your DH in there too!

ETA: different pick of DD b/c I realized the first was too dark for proper comparison.

• Both kids look more like me than DH. I always joke and tell him that I just have the dominant genes! DH and I are both blonde with blue eyes, so we pretty much knew our kids would be too.

22 month DD is a spitting image of myself...always has been since birth and continues to look like me. She is extremely fair skinned, and that is the only thing she gets from her daddy. She has dimples, which I LOVE....don't know where she got those from though.

3 month DS also looks more like me, but I see a few more traits from DH. The shape of his head looks more like DH, and just his overall size. He is not as fair skinned as DD and DH.

I love how much the two kids resemble each other. And I enjoy that DD looks like me, and DS has some more traits of DH.

I am always amazed that there are human beings that look like me. Even more amazing is watching your children's personalities come out; then you find out who they act like, talk like, etc!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image Puck1182:
    image Rosebean:
    Red head recessive? PFFFT!nbsp;I am full blown red head and so is my son. I could tell he was a redhead when they delivered him just by his skin tone alone. DH has dark hair and he was so sure that our kids would be dark haired like him because it was a dominant gene. When he asked me how I think the red hair happened I told him, "either I cheated on you with a leprechaun or we truly know who wears the pants in our family" nbsp;lol! Honestly, other than our LO having my colouring, I think he looks more like his father every day. He has my nose and chin....and hair... : nbsp;
    Fun fact: red hair isn't truly recessive. Brown hair is dominant to red hair, but red hair is dominant to blond. Even with one brown hair gene, red sometimes peeks through, it's why my brown hair has natural red highlights. Odds are your DH only has one brown hair gene and carries a gene for either blond or red hair, which is what your LO got. If your son's hair is REALLY red, your DH probably has a red hair gene. If it's strawberry blond, he probably has a blond hair gene. Oh, and DD looks like a perfect blend of me and DH. She looks more like him if her chin is down and you're looking at her dead on. She looks like me in profile or if she holds her chin up. And I think she go my red hair gene. Her hair started out jet black, but now it's light brown with red highlights. I'm thinking she may ultimately end up a strawberry blond because there's a chance she got DH's recessive blond gene, since he's a brunette as well but his mom is a natural blond!

im glad you posted this! The whole recessive/dominant gene confuses me. Science definitely wasn't my strongest subject in school! Anyways, DD has absolute red hair and both DH and I are brunettes. He was very blond as a child and then it turned brown. I have always been a brunette. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD looks like DH. Has his dark eyes, his Italian coloring, and his super long eyelashes. She is definitely his kid lol!
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • DS looks like my father. It's sort of weird, haha. It's like a little baby version of my dad's face. So I guess technically he looks like me. He has my husband's hair, though. It sticks up in the same spot on the back of their heads, haha. And oddly enough, DH has a little patch of hair on the small of his back right, and so does DS already, haha! So strange what carries over sometimes.
    View Full Size Imageimage