September 2013 Moms

Father's Day gifts?

Father's Day is coming up so I was wondering what ideas you ladies had for your SOs? H surprised me with an awesome Mother's Day gift so I'd really like to get him something special from DS. I just have no idea what to get him. 

Ideas? 

TIA! 

Re: Father's Day gifts?

• I hoping to have our daughter make him something creative about being the best daddy and then I'm going to make a gift basket with his favorite candy, drink, get a movie and such!!!
  • I'm taking DH to the beach for the weekend. It's one of his favorite things to do. Last year I got him a Bose iPod dock because he loves to hang out with DS and listen to music.
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • DH's birthday is the 13th and I am buying him a jersey for his favorite player, for Father's Day I am buying him a matching baby one for when our son is born.

TTC since April 2012
    BFP #1 9/26/12 EDD 6/7/13 MC at 5w2d on 10/6/12
    BFP #2 1/18/13 Baby Boy born 10/2/13!

Counting Rainbows Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I bought two onesies with his favorite sports team logos. Kind of for him, kind of for baby.

For mother's day, he took me out for a nice lunch. So I wanted to get him something for sure, but nothing too big. He has been doing such a wonderful job taking care of me and all of my pregnantness.
  • LilPezLilPez
    500 Comments 100 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    image nbcarlson:
    DH's birthday is the 13th and I am buying him a jersey for his favorite player, for Father's Day I am buying him a matching baby one for when our son is born.

This is what I did also. I personalized mine on personalizationmall.com. I got them already and they turned out perfect! I'm super pleased. I also had DH's nickname and the baby's nickname put on them. I know he's gonna love it. Good luck!
  • We never celebrated Mothers/Fathers day until our kid was actually here, but to each their own I guess...

Our standard ritual for any celebratory day like Mothers/Fathers day and birthdays is always breakfast in bed. DS loves to use the cookie cutters to make heart shaped pancakes for dad. Then we will leave him alone for a few hours and let him chill in bed and watch whatever he wants on TV and just relax without having to to do the usual dad/household stuff.  

For his gift we are probably going to get him the new driver he's been lusting after. Plus I'll book him a tee time at a club he's been wanting to visit. He loves to golf and hasn't been able to get out there lately.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I am getting my DH his manly diaper bag.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got him a diaper dude bag.  DH is a chef and a musician so I'm going to put in it a onesie that says "Daddy's little sous chef", a couple of guitar rattles, a little pink hat that says "Giggity" (we both love family guy so much we named our dog Giggity), and a pacifier that looks like a pig nose (inside joke).  And then maybe I'll even put some diapers and wipes in it  ;)
    Me: 41 DH: 37 - AMA, DOR
    BFP 2.12.2012, c/p 2.17.2012
    IUIs 1-3 = BFFN :(
    IVF #1 - Sept 2012 = BFFN :(
    IVF #2 - Dec 2012 = BFP!! EDD 9/4/2013
    Beta #1 = 107, Beta #2 = 4,650!! U/S 1/15/2013
    Everyone welcome!
    BabyFruit Ticker <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • image Juicy71:
    I got him a diaper dude bag.nbsp; DH is a chef and a musician so I'm going to put in it a onesie that says "Daddy's little sous chef", a couple of guitar rattles, a little pink hat that says "Giggity" we both love family guy so much we named our dog Giggity, and a pacifier that looks like a pig nose inside joke.nbsp; And then maybe I'll even put some diapers and wipes in itnbsp; ;

I went the same route and got him a Diaper Dude bag and filled it with "I Love Daddy" onsies, some baby clothes from his favorite sports teams, sports binkies and such.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are going to be first time parents, so I didn't want to do anything huge this year. I bought a silky UT, Texas longhorns that is, blankie for the baby. He's a huge fan and loves soft blankets so I know he will like it.
    4 years TTC including countless tests, 2 surgeries, and one failed IUI
    Scheduled IVF for April 2013--SURPRISE, don't need it! DD 9/7/13 

• I'm forcing DH to golf with his buddies all day, which is a luxury for him lately due to baby planning madness. When he gets home I'm driving him to massage envy, where I've transferred my June massage to him for a Father's Day present. He got me a membership when we found out i was pg, and its only fair he gets to use at least one! Then I'm taking him out to dinner and presenting him with the Diaper Dude bag he wanted.
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • We just got a house. I bought some adirondack chairs on Craigslist. I'm going to refinish or paint them, and then put DS's hand prints all over one of them. Heading to the hardware store today to figure out the logistics, but that's the plan, anyway.
    Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Even though we are first time parents, he got me a mother's day present so I'm getting him a Husker grill cover.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • I am going to attempt to make homemade hand and feet prints today.  I got the recipe for the clay so I just need to make it, get DS to cooperate, and bake them.  If that doesn't work I'm going to make cut out letters D-A-D and have DS take a picture with each and put them in a frame together.  However, I'll only do that if i mess up the handprints lol.

I will also cook my husband whatever he wants for a special lunch.  We always do that for holidays like Valentine's, Mother's, and Father's day.  We don't go out we stay home and cook for each other. On Valentine's we cook together.

DH will also get a card from our son.  I buy it and let him "sign" it. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    TCC #1: 12/01/2010
    BFP #1: 2/08/2011--EDD 10/21/2011--Beautiful Baby Boy Born 10/13/2011
    TCC #2 01/01/2012
    Cyst found in left ovary 11/10/2012 during ER visit for serve pain
    Ultrasound conducted on 12/03/2012
    GYN follow up 12/11/12 Suggested another 6 months of TTC before referral to RE around 5/01/2013.
    No need for RE!!!! After 12 months I'm pregnant!
    BFP #2: 1/13/2013 EDD: 09/25/2013
  • kmrortkmrort
    Second Anniversary
    I am buying my husband the Courageous devotional books along with the "treaty" from the movie.  He loved the movie and it really help to inspire him to understand his calling as a father. 
  • I was thinking of posting the same question so glad this is up. My hubby was really sweet on mother's day and even got me a pretty gift (even if i would be happy with a card) so thinking of what to get him as well. Thinking of getting a little Phillies dress/onesie since he's a huge fan, and i'm going to check out these dude diaper bags you guys posted about. Maybe take him out for a nice dinner? 
    imageimage 
  • I'll be out of town for a girls weekend for hubby's first unofficial Father's Day.  But I ordered the diaper dude daddy diaper bag in the convertible backpack olive green color from the baby steals website and I think it will arrive in time.  I might pack it full of some fun things for him and give it to him before I leave town.  
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • I got DH this shirt/newborn onesie for LO...I couldn't resist Stick out tongue

http://www.amazon.com/Adorable-Babies-T-shirt-Matching-Bodysuit/dp/B00CXX4E9K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370301962&sr=8-1&keywords=i+make+adorable+babies

And I bought a board book "Daddy Hugs" so he can read it to my belly or to LO after birth

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Our Little Gummy Bear! Due 9/21/13

Chandler: "Oh please, you are obsessed with babies and-and marriage and everything that's related to babies and-and marriage!You have baby fever!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have the same tradition every year, and I love it! So for Father's Day maybe you could start a new tradition. We go for a kid friendly hike through a scenic canyon then do dinner at this really unique fondue place. We don't do buy gifts for mothers and fathers day, its all about time together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards