December 2013 Moms
Options

12 or 13?

Opinion ladies! I have read mostly in my books that week 12 marks that final week of your first trimester and the start of week 13 is the first week of your second trimester. The bump says differently though unless I was reading wrong?! The bump says week 13 marks the final week of your first trimester and the start of week 14 is the first week in your second trimester. I'm not sure I believe some of the information on the bump 100 percent of the time since it had calculated my due date a whole week early. Both my period tracker and midwife calculated my date as 12/14 not 12/8. Please someone give me the correct information?!
Pregnancy Ticker image image

Re: 12 or 13?

• Options
    Everyone's opinion is different, for some reason there is no straight answer. One of my books even says 14 weeks is first tri. I'm going by 12, because that's what my doc said is the end of first tri.

• Options
    There are a few different ways to look at it, however it seems most women here go with dividing 40 weeks into 3 trimesters, so you enter 2nd tri at 13.3 weeks.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No straight answer..it makes sense if you think it like ok 40 weeks, divided by 3 is 13.3 so that makes each trimester 13.3 weeks. But I keep finding 12 weeks is. I don't know, I'm just going to go with 12 weeks. Maybe it's based on certain developments that happen or finish at 12 weeks?
  • Options
    Are you trying to plan when to go public? Or just curious? For our part, we're just waiting for the NT test to announce. Results for that will be back in week 13 I think. But that's just us.
  • Options
    imagechix96:
    Are you trying to plan when to go public? Or just curious? For our part, we're just waiting for the NT test to announce. Results for that will be back in week 13 I think. But that's just us.

Just curious! We already shared with friends and family.
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • Options
    I've been wondering the same thing. Most that I can find says the second trimester starts when you have completed 13 weeks and are starting on week 14. I'll go with that because that makes me feel great that I'm officially starting my second trimester today.
  • Options
    My midwife told me that when I'm 13 weeks I will be in my 2nd trimester. That's tomorrow for me Yeaaaa!
  • Options
    I think it is 13 weeks and a couple of days that is what my doc told me so just ask your midwife and go by that Big Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"