December 2013 Moms

Pea in the pod

Holy fck I just spent a lot of money on a pair of pants. That place is evil.

n'13 Best Villain

part behbeh, part yam, all raptor 11/28/13

image  image

Re: Pea in the pod

• I know...riiiight?!  That place kills me.  I love their stuff but I hate their prices.  I won't even spend $75 on non-maternity shorts, I'm really trying to exercise restraint and not spend that on maternity shorts!  Especially since this will be our last baby.

FWIW, I love my gap maternity jeans, even moreso that ones I've tried on at pea in the pod. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image FutureMrsCaesar:
    I know...riiiight?! nbsp;That place kills me. nbsp;I love their stuff but I hate their prices. nbsp;I won't even spend 75 on nonmaternity shorts, I'm really trying to exercise restraint and not spend that on maternity shorts! nbsp;Especially since this will be our last baby.FWIW, I love my gap maternity jeans, even moreso that ones I've tried on at pea in the pod.nbsp;

I went to the gap maternity store and the options were either 500 flare jeans or one color of skinny jeans in a size 0 or size 10. It was so disheartening.

I ended up with a pair of Hudson's that felt like leggings to put on.

n'13 Best Villain

image  image

• Yeah it is - I refuse to buy things from there that aren't on clearance.  Motherhood is way more reasonable, though not as stylish.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've gone there to try on stuff and then shop online for less.  But you have to deal with their hounding sales people.  If you buy something, beware that they'll want your info to sign you up for all kinds of baby junk mail.

Side note, a few years back Dh and I were browsing the store and he finally leans over to me and whispers "Why would anyone name a store 'A Pea in the Poo'?".  The font they use made the 'd' look like an 'o'.  I lol'd in the store. 

Our family is complete!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image Loolaide:
    Yeah it is I refuse to buy things from there that aren't on clearance. nbsp;Motherhood is way more reasonable, though not as stylish.

I saw someone post a thing about motherhoods Memorial Day sale and then realized I have no idea where one is.

I compensated by buying shirts from hm though. Pants are more justifiable to spend money on.

n'13 Best Villain

image  image

• image zou bisou:
    I've gone there to try on stuff and then shop online for less.nbsp; But you have to deal with their hounding sales people.nbsp; If you buy something, beware that they'll want your info to sign you up for all kinds of baby junk mail. Side note, a few years back Dh and I were browsing the store and he finally leans over to me and whispers "Why would anyone name a store 'A Pea in the Poo'?".nbsp; The font they use made the 'd' look like an 'o'.nbsp; I lol'd in the store.nbsp;

Haha yeah if you spent way too much you get 70 dollars off your next way too much. They will call to remind you when the sale is happening.

Do peas go in poop like corn? I don't eat peas so I have no idea.

n'13 Best Villain

image  image

• Totally justified to spend a lot on jeans.  If they look great and feel great then I think you'll be happy in the long run:)  I was trying to hold out for Bloomingdale's Friends and Family sale but now it looks like they are barely carrying maternity jeans anymore.  So annoying!  I might have to take the plunge and pay full price.

• image Soozerella:
    Haha yeah if you spent way too much you get 70 dollars off your next way too much. They will call to remind you when the sale is happening. Do peas go in poop like corn? I don't eat peas so I have no idea.

Yep. Did this last week. Bought myself a pair of 7s and am probably going to use my $70 voucher for some Joe's. ;) Felt a tad guilty, but pregnancy already does a number on my moodiness and dang it I want to feel as good as possible about the way I look when pregnant. All the frumpy mat clothes are just too sad. That said, I only bought the pants there. Gap had some cute tops and skirts.

TTC #1 4/09-3/10, dx PCOS, 5th round clomid BFP 3/27/10, Nolan Lee, 11/13/10, PROM 36 weeks
    TTC #2 6/12-3/13, natural BFP 3/24/13, TWINS
    MC first twin at 11weeks, MC/preterm labor second twin, DD at 15weeks, 6/7/13
    BFP 9/21/13, EDD 6/5/13!!  It's a GIRL

SHE'S HERE!  Scarlett Christine, 5/19/14

• image StinaLeigh:

Yep. Did this last week. Bought myself a pair of 7s and am probably going to use my $70 voucher for some Joe's. ;) Felt a tad guilty, but pregnancy already does a number on my moodiness and dang it I want to feel as good as possible about the way I look when pregnant. All the frumpy mat clothes are just too sad. That said, I only bought the pants there. Gap had some cute tops and skirts.

We went to eat pancakes and I literally had undone my pants at the table when I decided I can no longer live like this. I was thinking of using my 70 dollars on a pair of AGs haha.  I REALLY like the J brand with the side panels instead of the full panels, but the denim isn't as soft and breaking in a pair of jeans sounded like too much work.. man I've become lazy.  

n'13 Best Villain

image  image

• I've been using zulily. I can't believe the price of some of the stuff in there. Yet I still want to look nice. So waiting for sales it is.

• image ScarlettV:
    I've been using zulily. I can't believe the price of some of the stuff in there. Yet I still want to look nice. So waiting for sales it is.

I don't have a zulily acct!  I just private message you my email address so you could get the credit for inviting me!

n'13 Best Villain

image  image