Baby Names

Opinions please

Hi Ladies!
For my boy name I love Landry.
I know it looks like laundry but really that's the only downfall. I think I can deal. Do you think it's more if a boy name or a girl?
For my girl name I love Madeline.
Pronounced Line not Lyn

Thoughts? Feel free to be totally Honest

Thank You!
::mobile smiley::

Re: Opinions please

• The only Landry I know is a girl, it is very feminine to me...I honestly don't like it for a girl, hate it for a boy.

Madeline is meh, been so used...I am over it.

photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Sorry I don't like Landry either. Just the way it sounds and looks by itself, without thinking of laundry. Madeline is nice but yes, over done. What about Adeline? Pronounced 'line' as you said. NN could be Addy.
    image image BabyFruit Ticker First Jelly Bean EDD Jan 26 2014 - 1 day before MY birthday!
  • Loading the player...
  • Love Madeline! I've never met a Landry, so I guess it could be either. It does look and sound like laundry. NMS. Does it go well with your last name?

• Landry does seem a little feminine to me and when I asked DH if he thought it was a boy or girl, he answered girl. I like Madeline, but be prepared for people to mispronounce it a bunch.
    photo a436e47a-1fc7-4b2c-aee9-dc94f8169c1f_zpsbbb152f9.jpg photo 301d07a6-bea2-41ae-8e5b-30e66a49659d_zps6d6599b3.jpg photo 80f355e8-ba3f-48d5-aeb4-f6f4c1c72f6e_zps8e4fac15.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I like Madeline fine (and we always pronounced it "line") :-)

I don't like Landry. It *really* looks like laundry. There are lots of great boys names. Maybe you can find one with a similar sound? What about Landon or Loren?  

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Landry is NMS, but I do think that it's a boy name. And Madeline is adorable. :)

eta: I see that you're getting some boy name suggestions. I'll throw a few out there, too...

Jack, Cash, Harry, Roman, Nolan, Dexter, Jackson, Sebastian, Finn, Micah, Rufus, Tobias, Isaac, Archer, Elliot, Sawyer, Duncan, Felix, Silas, Beckett

Or something more classic (like Madeline)...

Henry, Nathaniel

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• Thank you for spelling Madeline correct with how you want to pronounce it. So many people spell it -Line but say it Lyn. Anyways beautiful name.

Landry is definitely a boy name. I like it but I agree, super close to Laundry.   

• I also think Landry is just way too close looking to laundry. You might be able to deal with it but, it's the kid that has to live with it. The question would be, can he deal with it?
  • MrsCFBMrsCFB member

not a fan of landry.  i do, however, think of it as a boy name...a very southern boy name, but a boy name none the less.

madeline is okay.

• Landry is one of my favorite names if I have a little girl. One of my friends has a boy named Landry and it works. I just think it's one of those names that works either way.

Love Madeline!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Landry feels very feminine to me sorry I don't like it for a boy
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The only Landrys I know are little girls so I associate it as a girly name.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like Madeline. Did like Landry because all I see is laundry. It doesn't sound like a name to me.
  • Landry feels southern and unisex to me.  It's NMS because of the laundry association and I think that makes it a target for teasing.  What about Landon Henry, kind of stretch it out a bit?  I know Madeline is popular, but it's a great name.  If you love it, go for it.

• I'm not a fan of Landry but I prefer it on a boy. It's a surname to me. I love Madeline!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• I really like Madeline.  It's a beautiful name.  Landry is NMS though.  Like PP have suggested I like Landon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks girls!! I didnt even think about the teasing the child would receive if named landry.. Because of the "laundry" association. Thanks for pointing that out, defiantly something to consider. Oh and Thank you for suggesting names!! I appreciate it!
    For girls I like more vintage, elegent names and for boys I like more unique
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"