Parenting

It drives me crazy

When people come over to my house and just sit on their flucking cell phones the whole time. Especially when their kids are getting into everything.

Even if you dont have your kids with you would it kill you to look up from facebook and chat with the real live person whose couch you are sitting on?

If you so desperately need to talk to the person you keep texting go hang out at their house. Instead of sitting there and making me feel like I have nothing interesting to say. My new strategy is when they do that I pick up my kindle and get on the bump. 

ETA wording 

Re: It drives me crazy

• Yah, or when you get invited to their house and same deal. They are on internet or texting the whole time.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Kick them outtt. That is incredibly rude. Who are these people you're letting come over to ignore you? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Both of these seriously happened tonight, within an hour of each other. One is my sister and the ither a friend. But really its everyone and anyone that comes over or I go out and hang with. Its ridiculous. The kindle thing is working pretty well my friend put her phone away. She was here while I was typing this. Gah I must be boring as shizz.
  • imagebrittersdamod:
    Both of these seriously happened tonight, within an hour of each other. One is my sister and the ither a friend. But really its everyone and anyone that comes over or I go out and hang with. Its ridiculous. The kindle thing is working pretty well my friend put her phone away. She was here while I was typing this. Gah I must be boring as shizz.

Nah, they're just rude. Don't blame yourself for others' bad behaviors :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • jbatchjbatch member
    That's how it is whenever we are with my in laws.. The while time!!

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I saw the title of this post and now I have Fine Young Cannibals stuck in my head. 

• Don't blame yourself. They are being super rude. BIL used to do that to us. He would come over uninvited (just walk in our door) and sit on our couch while we ate dinner, watched a movie, whatever and just play with his phone. He has learned his lesson and doesn't do it anymore.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• That is rude for someone to do that, I would be annoyed too.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"