June 2013 Moms
Options

Just how "regular" do contractions have to be?

Since week 20, it's been normal for me to have BH multiple times in an hour. So, I haven't paid much attention to the frequency of my contractions. Now, here I am at 38.5 weeks, and I'm getting somewhat painful contractions every 3-6 minutes. They've been ranging between 3 and 6 minutes apart for about 2 hours. My question is, is this "regular" enough? Or, are they still considered "irregular"?

And yes, I've put a call in to the nurses' line. I'm hoping to get a response soon.

TIA!

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Just how "regular" do contractions have to be?

• Options
    skioskio member
    Eh, it's all relative. It's not just regularity that matters. You don't sound too uncomfortable so I suggest trying to sleep. When you can't talk/walk through a contraction, that's when it's serious labor. Also, if they are spacing out with repositioning, walking or resting on your side, that's not regular, according to my doula.

Your doc will be able to tell you when to go in.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options

My doctors told me that once I have contractions every 5 minutes I should go in, but I really haven't had many contractions this entire pregnancy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor said I need to follow the 5 1 1 rule. Contractions that are 5 minutes apart, last 1 minute, for 1 hour mean I should head to L and D.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"