February 2013 Moms

family knows best?

when it comes to infants why do family members think they know it all!?! Hello I'm the mother!! she came out of my body I clearly know what she needs/wants!

Re: family knows best?

• Totally understand lol My MIL means well but sometimes I would like to say "you had your chance to raise YOUR children, now it is mine." 

I mean if I want an opinion I will ASK LOL

photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • When I said I was skipping rice/oatmeal cereal and going right to veggies and fruits you would have though my mother and MIL thought I was going to deprive him of food for the rest of his life. It's a different generation of parenting. I'm sure by the time DS has his own, there will be a whole new set of ideas that will sound silly to me. But I'd like to think I will have the good sense to stay out of it, knowing how frustrating it is to hear it all now. 

• Loading the player...
  • nlp1990nlp1990 member
    imageMonicaMerkel:
    Totally understand lol My MIL means well but sometimes I would like to say "you had your chance to raise YOUR children, now it is mine."nbsp; I mean if I want an opinion I will ASK LOL

I told my MIL this a couple of weeks ago!!
  • I can totally relate.  My mother (and to a lesser extent my MIL) had a heart attack when I said I wouldn't give LO as much water as she has milk.  Even now, she brings it up in almost every conversation.  If I mention I'm giving LO a couple of sips of water b/c it's especially hot, she breathes a huge sigh of relief, and is like, "Oh, thank goodness!  I'm just glad she is getting some water!!"  LOL
  • ohlordyohlordy member

Last time I spoke it my mother (mid-April), she was criticizing me for pursuing breast feeding with DD. she had weight gain issues and my mother felt that I wasn't doing everything in my power to make sure DD was fed (read: why wasn't I going to formula exclusively). 

Apparently I'm a terrible mom because going to LC appointments, pumping nonstop, using an SNS tube, adding in formula ... It wasn't enough. She was questioning why I was so hellbent on this breast feeding thing to work, when obviously it wasn't working. 

Blah! Don't tell me how to feed my kid! If I want to pump, STFU and leave me be!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"