April 2011 Moms

activities...

i know pinterest is great but what are some of your fav activities/crafts/games/fun things to do with your LO?

i was considering making some of these:

https://www.thestuffofsuccess.com/2011/05/create-your-own-sponge-bombs.html

but most stuff on pinterest is paint or messy stuff...my OCD of not wanting to clean my kitchen floor is on my shoulder so i'm looking for stuff to either do outside or some sort of non messy activity for inside.

TIA! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: activities...

• TwirpleTwirple member
    i second PP's recommendation of chalk, bubbles and a ball.  Chase loves all of these.  You could get the crayola color wonder art supplies.  They only work on the provided paper and, otherwise, show up clear.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• GHBEAGHBEA member

First buy a vinyl shower curtain for your kitchen floor, easy clean up.  Painting, shaving cream, coloring experimenting with messy stuff is good for kids and they love it.  Sure it can be messy but limit how much you give each time.

Check out sites like FamilyFun and Crayola they have great activities for kids.  

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • In addition to what PP have mentioned...

-Playdough

-Building towers out of wooden blocks or Mega Blocks

-Using a spray bottle to "water" the plants

-Playing his drums or guitar

-We have cards with animals on them that we use to play memory/matching. 

-He watches me write the ABCs and different family members' names on the aquadoodle and we say them out loud.

-He also loves his Eeboo Alphabet flash cards and likes to name whatever is on the front of the card.

-I've also used YouTube as a resource. I was teaching him about different instruments that are part of an orchestra and then we watch examples on YouTube (ie violin solo, clarinet solo, etc).

-I usually try to find random things around the house that may pique his interest. For example, I filled up a big plastic bowl with ice cubes and gave him a plastic cup and we sat outside on our deck and he spent 30 minutes playing with the ice and transferring it back and forth between the cup and the bowl.

-Collecting rocks outside

- Play baseball, swing his golf club at a plastic golf ball or catch with his Nerf football

-Puzzles

-Nature scavenger hunt (bark, rocks, leaves, pine cones, etc)

-Color scavenger hunt inside the house (find something that is... orange, blue, red, etc.) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic     
  • 2u2wow2u2wow member
    imageSittingOnAMtnTop:

In addition to what PP have mentioned...

-Playdough

-Building towers out of wooden blocks or Mega Blocks

-Using a spray bottle to "water" the plants

-Playing his drums or guitar

-We have cards with animals on them that we use to play memory/matching. 

-He watches me write the ABCs and different family members' names on the aquadoodle and we say them out loud.

-He also loves his Eeboo Alphabet flash cards and likes to name whatever is on the front of the card.

-I've also used YouTube as a resource. I was teaching him about different instruments that are part of an orchestra and then we watch examples on YouTube (ie violin solo, clarinet solo, etc).

-I usually try to find random things around the house that may pique his interest. For example, I filled up a big plastic bowl with ice cubes and gave him a plastic cup and we sat outside on our deck and he spent 30 minutes playing with the ice and transferring it back and forth between the cup and the bowl.

-Collecting rocks outside

- Play baseball, swing his golf club at a plastic golf ball or catch with his Nerf football

-Puzzles

-Nature scavenger hunt (bark, rocks, leaves, pine cones, etc)

-Color scavenger hunt inside the house (find something that is... orange, blue, red, etc.) 

LOVE it thank you! 

• I bought my DD a sand table for the backyard she loves it and it keeps her busy for quite a while we bury things, build castles, and draw shapes in the sand. It's not that messy either!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"