Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

cytotec to pass empty sac.

have any of you  ever been  prescribed cytotec? if so how long did it take to start working? thanks. it would be very helpful.

Re: cytotec to pass empty sac.

• I took it (well, the generic Misoprostol) last week.  I ended up needing to take two doses because 2/3rds of the first dose I took passed nearly undisolved - I have no idea how because it seems impossible but I saw it myself - 8 hours after I took it.

I felt mild cramps within the hour after taking it. I was squirming around in pain by 4 hours. By 6 hours after I took the prescription pain killers I'd been ordered because without them I wouldn't have been able to sleep. 8 hours later I was feeling pain-free. I went to the toilet and passed a big clot with small somethings in it. Two of those somethings were pills. I may have passed the sac then, but I am not sure.  There was a round something.

Because I wasn't sure my doctor had me take another dose the next morning - it was about 18 hours later. That dose didn't really give me much of anything until almost 12 hours later. I had cramping for about an hour then it let up and again I passed another large clot with small somethings.

After all of that I had heavy-ish bleeding for a few days.

There are a ton of Cytotec/Misoprostol stories on this board and on TTCAL. If you search the site or use google with "site:community.thebump.com" for Cytotec or Misoprotsol and miscarriage, you'll get a lot of great info and full experiences. 

BFP #1, DD: 02/28/2012 | BFP #2, EDD: 12/22/2013 M/MC | BFP #3, EDD: 05/17/2014 CP
    BFP #4, EDD: 07/25/2014 CP  | BFP #5, EDD: 08/28/2014 | All AL welcome
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker