My blood type is A-negative, but so is DH's. There is no chance baby belongs to anyone else but us. The OB is still recommending Rhogam but I am leaning towards declining it. He cites the possibility of lab error, but I would rather have DH and I have our blood retested if that's what it took to avoid Rhogam.
However, I understand that there is a very, very small chance that one of us could have a very small amount of Rh factor that was passed on to baby and have a Rh+ baby. http://genetics.thetech.org/ask/ask114
Has anyone been in a similar situation of whether to accept or decline, even when blood types indicate that everyone involved should be Rhesus negative? What did you decide?