December 2013 Moms
Options

Completely NBR rant

I have no one to complain to about this and I'm just... blargh. It's unreasonable of me, I'm not asking anyone to make me feel justified, it just sucks. 

DH and his brothers are very close, so we see them a few times a week at least. His older brother is a little crazy, but I've gotten used to him. 

Problem comes in that earlier this year  he and his amazing girlfriend (who all of us loved and who was really good for him) broke up. I'm still friends with her: we just clicked and became really close and I know she wishes it wasn't over, which by itself makes things a little hard. Since BIL changed his relationship status on FB, one of his exes has been sniffing around (tagging him in everything, posting lyrics from love songs to his timeline), and now it's looking like he and this other chick might get back together.

Now all of that's *his* business but: BIL has no friends in relationships except DH and I, so I know he's going to want all of us to hang out as couples... I don't want this. Aside from me wishing things could go back to the way they were for almost two years, I cannot stand this other girl. She and BIL were only together for 3 months before, and they made each other miserable. She is a pretentious hipster b*tch, and I don't usually say that kind of thing about someone. She really, really, is.

How long can I plead a headache to dinner plans before it gets suspicious? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Completely NBR rant

• Options
    I would just tell your DH you feel uncomfortable going, that you don't really care for your BIL's new fling, and you feel uncomfortable because you're still really close with his ex girlfriend. I'd just not go. I know it's easier said than done but if you're uncomfortable you shouldn't have to sit through an awkward dinner. By the way, is she one of those hipsters that has those huge oversized obviously fake black plastic glasses?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options

imagemalamutemommy:
    By the way, is she one of those hipsters that has those huge oversized obviously fake black plastic glasses?

I'm pretty sure she's this character from SNL:  

...just a little taller and skinnier.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just tell your husband you don't like her. That's what I would do. My husband is usually pretty good about keeping people I don't like away from me if he can. Maybe your husband will do the same for you? Sorry, I hope you find the right solution to this problem.
  • Options
    I'm going through a very similar thing except it's dh's friend and he just got engaged (just 6 months after breaking up with my friend who he was planning on marrying). I'm having a really hard time being excited and he wants us both to be in the wedding. :/
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageMallyboomer:

imagemalamutemommy:
    By the way, is she one of those hipsters that has those huge oversized obviously fake black plastic glasses?

I'm pretty sure she's this character from SNL:  

...just a little taller and skinnier.  

Hahaha and hopefully not a man! But maybe that's why they broke up in the first place and then your BIL had a change of heart...hmmmm. this could get interesting.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Would an occasional dinner be so bad? Sometimes you have to deal with people you don't like for the sake of people you love, your DH probably still wants to spend time with your BIL and you together.
  • Options

imageLocobananas23:
    Would an occasional dinner be so bad? Sometimes you have to deal with people you don't like for the sake of people you love, your DH probably still wants to spend time with your BIL and you together.

I know. I won't be blatantly ungracious, and it's not like I'll ditch family get-togethers...  DH considers this girl bad news as well, though, and is having a hard time dealing with all this too, so I doubt he'll be insistent on double dates. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"