Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

S/O 2 month vaccines...did you give Tylenol

Next week DD will be getting her 2 month vaccines and I'm dreading it.  I'm wondering about giving DD Children's Tylenol to relieve some discomfort.  I will of course check with my pedi first, but I'm wondering if any of you have any experience with this.  Thanks!
image BabyFetus Ticker

Re: S/O 2 month vaccines...did you give Tylenol

• Options
    Yes, yesterday my son got his shots, today I gave him tylenol because he seemed sore. It seemed like it helped him, he didn't have a fever either. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I gave him a dose when we got home.  He conked out at 6:30pm and slept until 3am, ate and went back to sleep.  Be warned: I thought i was mentally prepared for him to get shots...nope, practically sobbed with him.  I think its one of those hardwired responses.
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my first son, three years ago, his doctor informed me that if you give your baby Tylenol before they take the shots, and continue like clockwork for a twenty four hour period, it decreases the chance of the baby having fever and being fussy. I haven't had any problems with either one of my children having a fever or being fussy after shots.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageEbony_miles06:
    With my first son, three years ago, his doctor informed me that if you give your baby Tylenol before they take the shots

My SIL pre-doses before the appointment.  We did not.  I'm not sure what my Ped's stance is on this.  We did give DD Tylenol a few hours after we got home, but only one dose.  Our Ped said to do the 1.25 on the syringe until she is 12lbs.

She wasn't terribly fussy but she seemed to be in some pain.  She did not have a fever.  I didn't cry during the shots.  Almost, but I held it together.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    JenniD2JenniD2 member
    We ended up giving DS baby Tylenol after his shots. It seemed to help with his fussiness.
  • Options
    MrsRKJMrsRKJ member
    My pedi said to give the tylenol as needed (after the shots) and he based the dosage on DS's weight at the appt.
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTA until 2014

• Options
    tig594tig594 member
    My pedi okayed the 1.25 dosage an hour before for my 11 pound LO
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"