January 2013 Moms

Breast feeding fun

Today has been one crazy BFing day. Ran out of time to pump at work and did my first pump and drive beware of the toll booth. Now our power is out from storms and I'm buying ice to save my stash. That freezer supply was a lot of effing work!

I'm 99 percent sure if DH was the one with breasts we'd be formula feeding.

Eta sorry for typos, bumping from my phone.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Daisypath - (gXry)

Re: Breast feeding fun

• Holy crap! I hope you get power back soon!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers           Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    image image
  • Pump and drive?  Is this possible?  I am going to be teaching 2 hours away for 2 days/week in July and I would love to be able to do this...but I can barely operate the remote and pump so I'm not sure I'm up to it...
  • image brachysira:
    Pump and drive? nbsp;Is this possible? nbsp;I am going to be teaching 2 hours away for 2 days/week in July and I would love to be able to do this...but I can barely operate the remote and pump so I'm not sure I'm up to it...

It worked pretty well. I used a hands free pumping bra and set up before I left. I have a battery operated pump, but you can get the car charger too. Put the pump in the passenger seat and a jacket over my chest.

I guess with a 2 hour commute I'd pull over to detach, unless you're okay riding with it on while you're not pumping. My commute is only 35 mins, so I just turned off suction and waited till I got home.

I think some other ladies pump and drive too. GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath - (gXry)
  • I have pump-and-drove twice during a commute.  Once in the hands-free bra.  I got set up before getting on the road and pulled off at a gas station (needed gas anyway) to take everything off.  And the other time I just needed to pump one breast so did a little under-the shirt action.  I don't like doing it but it is definitely possible, especially on the interstate.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image kittynap:
    image brachysira:
    Pump and drive? nbsp;Is this possible? nbsp;I am going to be teaching 2 hours away for 2 days/week in July and I would love to be able to do this...but I can barely operate the remote and pump so I'm not sure I'm up to it...

It worked pretty well. I used a hands free pumping bra and set up before I left. I have a battery operated pump, but you can get the car charger too. Put the pump in the passenger seat and a jacket over my chest.

I guess with a 2 hour commute I'd pull over to detach, unless you're okay riding with it on while you're not pumping. My commute is only 35 mins, so I just turned off suction and waited till I got home.

I think some other ladies pump and drive too. GL!

A hands free bra is a must. I've pumped and driven for 2 years. I use a nursing cover and find I get better suction with the car adapter. I generally pull over after about 30 min on longer drives.
  • I've never driven while pumping but I pump in the car a lot. A/c adapter and a Purely Yours or a Medela hand pump. Both are beautiful things when engorged.

My little miracle.

Zona's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • ecu0505ecu0505
    250 Answers 100 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its

image brachysira:
    Pump and drive?  Is this possible?  I am going to be teaching 2 hours away for 2 days/week in July and I would love to be able to do this...but I can barely operate the remote and pump so I'm not sure I'm up to it...

I have driven while pumping a few times....I just flip my cardigan around to cover everything and go on my way. I have not used the hands-free bra just because I don't have one, but I could see how it would be helpful. I just use my forearm to hold the shields in place and drive with the other hand. I know, probably not the safest.

• image brachysira:
    Pump and drive?  Is this possible?  I am going to be teaching 2 hours away for 2 days/week in July and I would love to be able to do this...but I can barely operate the remote and pump so I'm not sure I'm up to it...

Yes, it is! I do this daily -- usually both ways. Hands free pumping bra, and I have the car adapter for the Medela Symphony. I also have a nursing cover I put over everything once I'm all situated and strapped in with my seatbelt. Works out wonderfully! 

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards