Options

Name poll...posted in Oct '13 also

Re: Name poll...posted in Oct '13 also

• Options
    I like Audrey.
  • Options
    Amjoy25Amjoy25 member

imageolga1311:
    I like how Audrey flows the best. The other two are NMS frankly. Maybe have the final two contenders and wait until you see the baby to pick the final name? Some people have been telling me sometimes you just know when you look at your LO for the first time.

I am considering doing this. And thanks for answering my poll.

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Amjoy25Amjoy25 member

Bumpies! You make my day interesting!

imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Options

My order of preference would be Audrey, Willa, Padgett.

My reasoning:

1. Audrey: Aubrey is our front runner right now, so it reminds me of that:)

2. Willa is distinctive in it's own way, and I think it has a nice flow, but I worry if nicknames would just end up with her being called "Will?" Although, according to the recent e-mails/articles my mom sends, (she's nuts by the way) it's a good idea to give girls a name that has a one syllable masculine sounding nickname so they are more boardroom appropriate. SMH at my own mother, she calls me "Al" from "Allyson" or "Ally."

3. I would worry about the nicknames with Padgett. Yes, you might have a cute one picked out, but I have a friend named Paige (similar) and in 5th-10th grade she was overweight, it led to the nickname "Pudge" by those wonderful girls at school, she went into a severe depression and ended up with an eating disorder. Not saying it was all because of the name, but I know the nickname had a lot to do with it.

• Options

I love the name Willa. I like Audrey; I just tend to shy away from common names. It's currently the 41st most common but it has been rising in popularity each year.  (I have a common name. There were seven other girls with my name in a class once. I hated being referred to by my name and last initial in school.)

Padgett...I don't totally hate it.  It's nms. I think "pagent" when I say it but I don't even know if I'm saying it correctly. I'd probably opt for Brigette over it.

• Options
    kje120kje120 member
    Out of those three I would go with Audrey.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    rimjobrimjob member
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageNRyan55:
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageT3hKay:
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageNRyan55:

imageBliss+Berry:
    I love Audrey, Willa would be my second choice and I wouldn't name my kid something as God awful as Padgett.  Ever.  

Good thing she isn't naming your kid! I would never be such a snatch to someone as precious as Amjoy. Ever.

Awesome for you that you have your face buried in her snatch.   

Somebody is jelly. 

Not quite, just unaware that I was required to P&R responses to certain bumpies.  I'll have to make a spreadsheet for all the special snowflakes. 

Since you are on my post it of "people that are rude snatches" it would be super helpful if you could add Amjoy to a post it for "people to be nice to". Thanks so much!

I find your fuckwitted hypocrisy utterly hilarious.  Go ahead and keep patting yourself on the back though.   

I find it utterly hilarious that you keep coming back with twattastic responses.

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

• Options
    I think Willa is pretty. I don't care for Padgett. What origin is it? It's not a name I've heard. So it's got the unique going for it...

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Amjoy25Amjoy25 member
    imageNRyan55:
    imageBliss+Berry:
    ::snip::

I find your fuckwitted hypocrisy utterly hilarious.  Go ahead and keep patting yourself on the back though.   

I am glad you think I am hilarious, and I have never had my hypocrisy called fuckwitted before so there is another check off the old bucket list!

• Options

imageBliss+Berry:
    I love Audrey, Willa would be my second choice and I wouldn't name my kid something as God awful as Padgett.  Ever.  

I feel sorry for your child.

DS Sept 12 - ready for another - TTC #2 - May 2013 :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is the dumbest b!tchfight in the existence of the bump. I am not even amused. Crank it up ladies, you can do better than this!!

Oh, and I vote Audrey.
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • Options
    imagehalo:
    This is the dumbest b!tchfight in the existence of the bump. I am not even amused. Crank it up ladies, you can do better than this!!

Oh, and I vote Audrey.

I'm LOL at this response. I didn't read the rest of the thread and was confused until now.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    imagedh13:
    imagerebus1983:

imageBliss+Berry:

AND THERE IT IS!

I was waiting for SOMEONE to come up with that one!

Well Jesus Christ, someone had to come up with an original comeback.

• Options
    imagedh13:

image--halo--:

Oh, and I vote Audrey.

CAN'T WE ALL JUS B FRANDZ? 

No! Once someone starts a b!tchfight they better be prepared to make it amusing to the masses, or be prepared for the gif hailstorm that will surely ensue to make up for the lameness. I feel my bones aching, must be a gif storm a brewin.
  • Options
    Amjoy25Amjoy25 member

imagePrimRoseMama:
    I think Willa is pretty. I don't care for Padgett. What origin is it? It's not a name I've heard. So it's got the unique going for it...

I'm not too sure...I should look it up. It's the name of the actress on Friends that played Joey's girlfriend Kathy; but she spells it differently.

• Options
    JamieWMJamieWM member

fuckwitted and twattastic...both words just blew my mind. You both win.

I like Willa a lot. All I think of with Audrey is Anchorman with Will Ferrell saying "AUDREY....LOOK AT ME!" and I can't move forward. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    image--halo--:
    imagedh13:

image--halo--:
    This is the dumbest b!tchfight in the existence of the bump. I am not even amused. Crank it up ladies, you can do better than this!! Oh, and I vote Audrey.

No! Once someone starts a b!tchfight they better be prepared to make it amusing to the masses, or be prepared for the gif hailstorm that will surely ensue to make up for the lameness. I feel my bones aching, must be a gif storm a brewin.

It turned out better than the gender appt upset b!tchfight.

• Options
    Amjoy25Amjoy25 member

AND this is me right now...

• Options
    imagetaylormarie923:
    image--halo--:
    imagedh13:

image--halo--:

Oh, and I vote Audrey.

Thank the lawdy I missed that one. My nose is almost bleeding from the insane height of this sh!t mountain as it is.

Ok, I'm going to put DS down for a nap. When I return there had better some gifs, a GBCB, or blood splattered on the walls.
  • Options
    Amjoy25Amjoy25 member
    imagetaylormarie923:
    image--halo--:
    imagedh13:

image--halo--:
    This is the dumbest b!tchfight in the existence of the bump. I am not even amused. Crank it up ladies, you can do better than this!! Oh, and I vote Audrey.

Gender disappointment is so last week...hating others name choices is where it's at!

• Options
    Amjoy25Amjoy25 member
    imageNRyan55:
    imageAmjoy25:

imagePrimRoseMama:

I'm not too sure...I should look it up. It's the name of the actress on Friends that played Joey's girlfriend Kathy; but she spells it differently.

I looked it up, and all genital nicknames and the obvious "God Awful-ness" of it aside, I think the other names have a better meaning.  

Padgett: "young servant"

Willa: "Determined or resolute"

Audrey: "Noble strength"

Oh. Thanks Nryan. Young servant is not my favorite.

• Options

LOL I wonder what will come after name disagreements. 

• Options

Halo, this one goes out to you.

• Options

I was almost named Willow...my mother was a hippy and thought this was just awesome. My dad, did not and he named me. As an adult and a professional, I'd probably not want it, but times are different and there are kids out there named Apple.

I'm not a fan of Padgett - I think of Pudge from Shag and also a guy named Padgett I knew in college who was a total summer's eve. 

Out of the three, I like Audrey the best. I'd also think about Aubrey, which is close in sound and cute.

Just throwing it out there, I like Heather as a first name, but I am a traditionalist. 

Jess, Northern New Jersey
    photo 4e2a179b-a43b-455b-9caf-ed65caf88a77_zpsa8857370.jpg
    Outback Bowl, 2013
  • Options
    Amjoy25Amjoy25 member
  • Options
    If I knew Oct13 was going to be this cool, I would have tried for irish twins.
  • Options
    Amjoy25Amjoy25 member
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imagerebus1983:

imageBliss+Berry:

You should probably find a better use for your time.  Rest assured, she's quite doted on, the little princess.

• Options

Fern Fight

• Options
    Amjoy25Amjoy25 member
    imagedh13:
    imageNRyan55:
    imagePhilter14:

I was almost named Willow...my mother was a hippy and thought this was just awesome. My dad, did not and he named me. As an adult and a professional, I'd probably not want it, but times are different and there are kids out there named Apple.

I'm not a fan of Padgett - I think of Pudge from Shag and also a guy named Padgett I knew in college who was a total summer's eve

Out of the three, I like Audrey the best. I'd also think about Aubrey, which is close in sound and cute.

Just throwing it out there, I like Heather as a first name, but I am a traditionalist. 

Never gets old. 

• Options
    imagedh13:
    imagetaylormarie923:

Fern Fight

Please tell me you have seen some episodes of "Between Two Ferns" with Z.G. 

Oh yes. 

• Options

Dang that one isn't moving.  This gif is pretty amazing:

• Options
    Amjoy25Amjoy25 member
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageAmjoy25:
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imagerebus1983:

imageBliss+Berry:

You should probably find a better use for your time.  Rest assured, she's quite doted on, the little princess.

Oh, so the preshus one has some claws?

If the best you've got is "no one likes your baby" well, yawn.   

LOL. Not what I meant. The princess part is, for lack of a better word, god awful.

• Options
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageAmjoy25:
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imagerebus1983:

imageBliss+Berry:

Oh, so the preshus one has some claws?

If the best you've got is "no one likes your baby" well, yawn.   

Calling little girls 'princesses' is gross...

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"