Natural Birth

Mind if I come in?

Hello Ladies,

I am currently pregnant and due in January or the first week in February. I recently lost twins at 7 weeks, a month ago, so because we got pregnant right away, we have no due date yet! 

A bit about me: I am a 25 year old mother of a 3 year old boy. My DH is 27 and finishing his Masters Degree and working so that I can finish my psychology degree and be a stay at home mother. I am also undergoing certifications to become a labour and postpartum doula, as well as a lactation consultant and birthing class educator. I am very much looking forward to giving birth to this baby, I think that will be the only thing getting me through the uncomfortable last weeks of pregnancy:) I had a horrendous hospital birth with my son, and as a result am absolutely adament that my birth be at home, with my midwife and labour support. I am hoping to practice hypnobirthing and relaxation techniques, combined with a bit of the  Bradley method, a little of everything I suppose.

I know I am quite early in my pregnancy but I've been planning this birth since my son was born haha I am very much looking forward to getting to know you ladies and reading all the birth stories, sharing resources and support.

Thanks for having me!:)

DS Born July 25th, 2010
BFP #2 26/03/13 - Our twins became angels 28/04/13
DD Born at home on February 7th, 2014

Family (9)

Re: Mind if I come in?

• welcome! Sounds like you are on the right track mama!

My one recommendation: I would pick a birth method and stick to it, I know some can under mind others and make the techniques less effective. Hypnobabies students, for example,  would render their studies useless if they combined with another birth method as the underlying philosophies conflict with each other. One operates on the idea that no pain will be felt while the other offers pain management techniques. That being said do as much research as you can and pick something that you fully believe in.

baby development
    image image
    Married May 14, 2011 DD born Nov 10, 2012
    On our way to 2u2, due June 22

June '14 April Siggy Cute Animals!

• HI and welcome. I'm sorry for your loss.

Best wishes for you moving towards your baby's birth. the ladies here are great! 

Elizabeth 3yrs old Jane 1yr old

• Welcome!  That is awesome that you are working on your certifications to become a labour and postpartum doula, as well as a lactation consultant and birthing class educator. GL!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome!  I thought Hypnobirthing was great!  Good luck with your journey!  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Congrats and welcome :)

My third child and second VBAC baby!
    First VBAC birth story - a 2 hr homebirth
    Second VBAC birth story
    - unattended hospital water birth
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker