Parenting after a Loss

9m Eating Schedule

How much does or did your LO eat around 9 months old?  DS has always been a great eater and has loved basically every solid food he has tried.  He's starting to eat less formula and want more food.  He will fight and turn away a bottle but will eat a whole serving of food no problem.  I know they say "food before one is just for fun" so I'm just curious what others LO's are doing.  I have no idea how to figure out how much he should be eating or how much formula he needs to be eating a day.  I keep making him 7-8 ounce bottles like he used to drink.  Sometimes he drinks it and other times he barely drinks half.  I just feel like I'm wasting so much formula!  His 9m check-up is on June 5th but I wanted to get other moms opinions!

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart"

Our TTC Journey

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I'm a mom to my 4 angel babies who were taken from us much to soon!
BFP#1 on 09/29/09 and EP discovered/Left Tube lost on 10/19/09 EDD 06/12/10
BFP# 2 on 03/21/2010 EDD 11/30/10 Natural M/C on 3/27/10
BFP# 3 on 02/14/2011 EDD 10/28/11 Missed M/C discovered 4/19/11 and D&C 4/21/11 On 5/6/11 we found out our Oct Angel was a beautiful little girl <3
IVF#1=BFP#4 on 8/31/11 EDD 5/12/12 EP discovered and MTX shot given 9/14/ & 9/21 M/C on 10/9/11
IVF#2 and Stims started 12/2 ER 12/16 ET 12/21 transferred two beautiful blastocysts. Please stick LO's! BFP 12/26
Benjamin Matthew Our Little Miracle Born 9/5/2012!
BFP 1/2/14 EDD 9/11/14

Re: 9m Eating Schedule

• DD is so unpredictable right now! I'm weaning her off of eating so much at night, but she's only nursing maybe three or four times a day. Who knows how much she's getting. When she takes a bottle, she'll take between 3 and 5 oz. She'll eat heaps of food for dinner (several "baby" servings, sometimes as much as 4 oz. of food), and she'll nurse again like crazy right before bed. I can usually get her to eat another 2 oz. or so during the day, usually at lunch. She'll snack on anything I let her feed herself, too, no matter when I offer it.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We cut out one of DS's bottles just before his 9 month appointment... previously he was getting 5 6oz bottles a day, but I cut him down to 4 6oz bottles a day since he was such a great eater.  Lately, he's lost interest in eating solids (I think it's teething related maybe? Not quite sure), so sometimes I'll give him a 7 or 8oz bottle before bed and if he takes it, great, if not, no biggie..

As for solids.. my boy can eat when he wants to.  We don't do many purees, other than applesauce (which I buy regular applesauce, not like "baby food" applesauce).  He'll eat 1/4-1/2 a cup of applesauce in addition to 3-4 tablespoons of food food.. usually he gets some type of steamed veggie (corn, peas, carrots, etc), some protein and usually a little starch, depending on what we're having for dinner.. the only one I ever make sure he eats is the veggie.. and then typically the rest are free for all.. whatever he wants to eat is fine.. I usually offer the applesauce at the end.. because it's soft, and sweet, so I know he'll take it until his belly is full.. sometime he quits on solids because he gets bored with chewing, so also offering the applesauce helps me gauge how hungry he still is.. if he takes it ravenous, I'll give him closer to 1/2 a cup of applesauce.. Ped seemed perfectly fine with his eating schedule, so this is what's working for us..

It's so hard to know how much is the "right" amount for them to eat!! Again, I feel like DS ate so much better and more between 8-9 months than he has from 9-10+ months!  Babies are curious little things :)

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • I do more of a combination between BLW and purees. My baby loves to play with food while she's eating. So, she's not getting a lot of nutrition from solids. I do believe until 1 year old baby's primary source of nutrition should be breast milk. So you should continue to breastfeed. You should also try some different veggies and fruits and see what your baby likes. I'm not good at knowing what to give to my baby but i always find different fruits and vegetables,here: http://goodmomming.com/  there're specific for age. I use it and I had no incidents!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards