August 2013 Moms

My own special snowflake GD post

So, fully aware that this is probably a dumb question, BUT...I have my glucose test tomorrow morning at 9:30. Can I have ice cream now and be ok, even without being able to eat breakfast, or should I be good and just go with some greek yogurt and fruit?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

A13 April Siggy Challenge: Fools

Re: My own special snowflake GD post

• you are fine. Just nothing but water after midnight.
  • what did your doctor tell you?

which test is it?

are you supposed to fast?

"One of the most highly effective preventive measures a mother can take to protect the health of her infant is to breastfeed." - United States Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
     Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 
  • Ha! We are the same person. Mine is tomorrow at 10 AM, and I'm getting ready to enjoy this wonderful drumstick. It's delicious and I want it, and I figure, if I'm gonna fail, I'm gonna fail. I doubt this little bit of ice cream will be the straw that breaks that camels back.

imageimageimage
  • I stayed away from all sweets until after my test. Wasn't sure if it would artificially inflate my numbers. Had to take the three hour test but passed with flying colors!
  • image cinderin:
    what did your doctor tell you?which test is it? are you supposed to fast?nbsp;

This.. Every Dr. Requires different things.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• image ELauren88:
    Ha! We are the same person. Mine is tomorrow at 10 AM, and I'm getting ready to enjoy this wonderful drumstick. It's delicious and I want it, and I figure, if I'm gonna fail, I'm gonna fail. I doubt this little bit of ice cream will be the straw that breaks that camels back.

Ha! Mine too. 10 am. Will be snacking soon
    Tara
  • traiatraia
    500 Comments 25 Love Its
    Mine is at 10am tomorrow too. Haha. Good luck to you ladies. Im super nervous about passing, not sure why. Just a heads up, if you dont already have kids. The orange and fruit punch arent that, but i havent tried the lemon lime.
  • It's just the one hour. My OB is out on maternity leave, so I saw one of the other doctor's last month. He didn't really tell me much of anything, in fact I had to remind him that I needed to be scheduled for it to begin with. SO...I have no idea if I need to fast. I was just going in with the assumption that I should.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

A13 April Siggy Challenge: Fools
  • I had to fast for 8 hours prior to mine and I ate like CRAP until the cutoff time.

Ice cream, pizza...soda. I loaded up.

I did pass my one hour the next am. I'm not saying you SHOULD do that...but just saying....I did and was fine. Hope you are too!
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• atoz625atoz625
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    I'm going to do the one hour test this week.  Mine is non-fasting though, I didn't realize they could be different. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image Jill9288:
    It's just the one hour. My OB is out on maternity leave, so I saw one of the other doctor's last month. He didn't really tell me much of anything, in fact I had to remind him that I needed to be scheduled for it to begin with. SO...I have no idea if I need to fast. I was just going in with the assumption that I should.

You could do what my doc is having me do. No caloric intake 2 hours prior to the test. So I can still get up and eat breakfast, just has to be before 8! :) Oooor, you could call the after hours service. They should be able to tell you your offices policy. :) GL! 

imageimageimage
  • I have no idea how much it would actually affect the numbers, but on the chance that it could raise it, I would avoid it. The 3 hour SUCKED!
    image   image
  • image Jill9288:
    It's just the one hour. My OB is out on maternity leave, so I saw one of the other doctor's last month. He didn't really tell me much of anything, in fact I had to remind him that I needed to be scheduled for it to begin with. SO...I have no idea if I need to fast. I was just going in with the assumption that I should.

Im probably too late, but most doctors don't require fasting prior to the one hour just don't eat a candy bar the morning you go in and you should be fine. Anything you eat the days prior have no impact whatsoever. Good Luck! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I ate breakfast the morning of my test, and passed. Did your doctor tell you to fast?

image    image
  • image Jill9288:

For my one hour i was told I didn't have to fast.  But always safe than sorry 

Pregnancy Ticker