Stay at Home Moms

So my midwife...

What a peach. So my friend has another friend seeing her. And guess what home girl is also due on a weekend. And midwife is going on vacation and wants her to induce at 40 weeks.

Friend of friend gets upset about this and basically tells her the same thing I did I will just go to x hospital's ER etc. well midwife goes on rant about how her patients feel so entitled and tells her about me specifically. Friend of friend doesn't know me or story but my friend emails her email and I'm like uh thanks for talking about me midwife.

Wtf.

To top it off my doulas are also friend of friends doulas and told her my midwife's backup was shitty with me. And she told midwife that now midwife is pissed at my doulas. Apparently her and other midwife are merging practices in sept. yikes!

Re: So my midwife...

• So basically everyone was talking about me and it got back to me. Ha.
  • That super sucks.

Man, if you just didn't feel so entitled and would have just consented to a repeat c/s to make her life easier.  (sarcastic)

I wish I would have known now what I knew when DD2 was born.  I totally would have refused induction and waited.  I am pretty sure that my doc didn't want to risk a patient birthing over the holiday (I was induced at 37w, 5d due to size and DD ended up being 8-2 - but was due 1/1).

• Please tell me none of them are affiliated with tbc? I can't handle that crap. I'm sorry she's pushing your friend of a friend and that they're all gossiping. Ugh, it makes me so frustrated that a midwife would act like this, or any med professional, really.

imageimage
    E 9.08, V 8.11, J 4.14
  • Gah, you and your entitled attitude about having a positive birth experience!!

Sorry though, that's pretty shittty.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not TBC. They don't even take their own vbacs!

But yeah my eyes are rolling at her. She also told her "I have a life" ummm guess what you are a midwife. Midwives have crappy hours.
  • image letranger:
    Not TBC. They don't even take their own vbacs!

But yeah my eyes are rolling at her. She also told her "I have a life" ummm guess what you are a midwife. Midwives have crappy hours.

Right, I forgot about that. And yea, being a mw comes with crappy hours as well as getting good coverage when you aren't there. And supposedly not pushing inductions without a medical reason.

imageimage
    E 9.08, V 8.11, J 4.14
  • image JellyBellyStar:
    My midwife was a complete biatch. nbsp;I regret not cursing her out during labor and delivery. nbsp;Anyways, next time I hope to be lucky enough to have a VBAC and plan on not having a scheduled cs. nbsp;I will hire a doula, go to a different hospital, and find a less idiot team of practitioners. nbsp;If only I could get an email like that....i'd definitely give her a call. nbsp;

The midwife who delivered me was the hospital midwife on call and great. She had been on the job two weeks and did a superb job.
  • How do you know she talked about you specifically? Because if she named names, I'd slap her with a HIPAA violation!
  • Wow!  Unprofessional much?  I'm sure I've become a story in my OB/MFM's offices, but I can't imagine them giving enough detail for someone to figure out it was me or to say such rude stuff.
    Preemie Resources: http://preemiemomblog.blogspot.com/

DD1: BFP July 2010...HG in first tri, MC delivered vaginally at 18 weeks October 2010

DS: BFP December 2011...SCH at 5 weeks, SBR at 7 weeks, Placental Abruption at 13 weeks, Hospitalized at 25 weeks, pPROM at 28 weeks, PTL via CS at 31 weeks 

DD2: BFP January 2013...P17 shots, delivered via VBAC at 39 weeks
  • image auroraloo:
    How do you know she talked about you specifically? Because if she named names, I'd slap her with a HIPAA violation!

Not my name but the friend of friend emailed my friend my exact story snd never met me or heard story, that I wanted 41 not 40 and 6 days. That I was due on a weekend etc.

• And a snipet from email about me:

"She told a story of a woman who wanted 41 weeks before induction, but the 41 week mark came on a Saturday, so Ronni wanted to do the induction on week 406. The woman pushed back, "you promised me 41 weeks" so Ronni begrudgingly in my interpretation, based on how she told the story agreed to induce on a Saturday. "I have a life! I'm a sole midwife! I talked to my husband and he said 'just give them 40 weeks and 3 days in the future so you don't have to deal with this again'" and so on. "
  • image JellyBellyStar:

image letranger:
    image JellyBellyStar:
    My midwife was a complete biatch. nbsp;I regret not cursing her out during labor and delivery. nbsp;Anyways, next time I hope to be lucky enough to have a VBAC and plan on not having a scheduled cs. nbsp;I will hire a doula, go to a different hospital, and find a less idiot team of practitioners. nbsp;If only I could get an email like that....i'd definitely give her a call. nbsp;

The midwife who delivered me was the hospital midwife on call and great. She had been on the job two weeks and did a superb job.

I'm not saying anything about midwifes in general.  I'm referring to my specific experience with a midwife.  However, I likely will not go the midwife route again.   

Ha my point was if the bitchy midwife delivered me I might have said in your face *** I did it. But didn't get a chance.
  • image JellyBellyStar:

image letranger:
     Ha my point was if the bitchy midwife delivered me I might have said in your face *** I did it. But didn't get a chance.

Sy, that makes sense.  I felt bad b/c I'm sure there are good midwifes out there...somewhere....but I just haven't been lucky enough to encounter one. 

There definitely are. I've had 2 wonderful births with midwives based out of a birth center. I think the fact that it's a group of them with scheduled coverage and vacation time helps a lot.

imageimage
    E 9.08, V 8.11, J 4.14
  • I know this is going to sound terrible, but your story makes me feel a little better about going/sticking with my OB only because it shows me that what's really important isn't so much the title (OB v. midwife) but the person and their philosophy.

Part of me really wants to find a midwife but I'm just overwhelmed by the prospect of finding someone right now and at least my OB is a known entity. I wasn't thrilled by the person who delivered DD last time (that's why I only feel a little better), but there are other OBs in the practice that I like a lot. Hopefully I'll luck out with one of them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lisamoelisamoe
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 25 Love Its

Havent they ever heard of HIPPA?

I would be pissed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wow.  That is unbelievable.

• With midwives like that, you might as well have a doctor. WTF?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    There is another kid, she's 10... 
  • So apparently she's an totally there for her patients, provided they don't go into labor on a Saturday or Sunday?

• image Mrs.Hizzo:
    So apparently she's an totally there for her patients, provided they don't go into labor on a Saturday or Sunday?

She might as well have boutique hours.

The whole thing is annoying me the more I think about it. I know the story was never meant to get back to me but oh hey it has.

Now I have to see her for my six weeks. My H asked if I wanted to go somewhere else and I kind of want to but I've exhausted a lot if midwives. Haha.
  • image letranger:
    image Mrs.Hizzo:
    So apparently she's an totally there for her patients, provided they don't go into labor on a Saturday or Sunday?
    She might as well have boutique hours. The whole thing is annoying me the more I think about it. I know the story was never meant to get back to me but oh hey it has. Now I have to see her for my six weeks. My H asked if I wanted to go somewhere else and I kind of want to but I've exhausted a lot if midwives. Haha.
    I want boutique hours.

As far as the story getting back to you, well, she shouldn't have told it in the first place. Regardless of whether or not she used names, the identifying details were too specific. 

• That's gross.  The entire attitude, the talking about you unprofessionally, all of it.  
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • NandaBNandaB
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    I would hint that I knew without coming out and saying it to make her squirm. And definitely review her somewhere. Yelp? Midwives r us? Somewhere!
    G: 5/8/11
    N: 4/8/13
    having a baby on Christmas!

*suck it bump - siggies are hard
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards